Archinect
anchor

thesis-maritime museum underwater

afsha

hey guys i am doing my thesis on maritime museum partially underwater so can anyone help to look for details underwater and also new concept related to maritime museums.also can anyone suggest me a site in india whre i can haev the partial underwater concept .

Oct 25, 07 7:47 am

no

Oct 25, 07 9:06 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i tell you what, why don't you let me do this thesis for you? you clearly are not capable and i was born underwater...the call me Submariner.

Oct 25, 07 9:17 am  · 
 · 
afsha

hey its not that i cant do my thesis its that i want help that it man rege\arding external links

Oct 25, 07 9:20 am  · 
 · 
pvbeeber

Hey guys I'm currently designing a 52-story condo tower does anybody have a design for a 52-story condo tower I can have? Also a site would be great. And a client. Thanks a bunch.

Oct 25, 07 9:41 am  · 
 · 
pvbeeber

Also if I could get all that in about the next 20 minutes, that would be great. Thanks a bunch. Okay.

Oct 25, 07 10:06 am  · 
 · 
pvbeeber

Sorry, that was mean. Afsha, your thesis should really be an intensely personal process in which you confront fundamental questions of architecture. You should be basically locking yourself in a room with nothing but your brain and whatever tools you will need in order to produce an amazing project. Sort of like Thomas Pynchon did when he wrote Gravity's Rainbow. You're really doing yourself a disservice by trying to farm out all of your research and thinking. Normally you shouldn't become too attached to a project, but your thesis should be the one time when you lay it all on the line and fully commit. Assuming that this thesis is the culmination of some sort of formal education, understand that this is probably your last chance to produce uninhibited, unconstrained architecture that squarely tackles a fundamental problem. Take advantage of the opportunity. You'll have plenty of time to mooch details when you're in the real world.

Oct 25, 07 1:31 pm  · 
 · 
binary

proper sealants.... concrete forms...... and sharks with lazerzz

Oct 25, 07 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

pvbeeber

I dont think that was mean...afsha obviously doesnt have a clue...you were trying to be funny

Oct 25, 07 1:57 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

Obviously glass underwater isn't going to work. You'll need to use acrylic panels or something. Even quite shallow water exerts a lot of pressure.

Also, think about how you keep the underwater surfaces clean. Your architecture won't look so impressive when its covered in a layer of algae and barnacles - unless that's what you want and you plan for it.

Goa? A lake in Kashmir? India's a big place...

Oct 25, 07 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

glass will work if you use the right glass and detail it correctly

Oct 25, 07 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
lineman

mdler..... Maybe a thick wall....

Oct 29, 07 10:30 pm  · 
 · 

when i was there in 2000, there was a transparent underwater restaurant (inverted conical spiral) as part of the aquarium planned at the site of calatrava's city of arts and science in valencia. i don't know that this project was by calatrava, but it was adjacent to his science museum.

how cool would it be to be eating your dinner and looking out the window to underwater?

(actually there's a themed restaurant in nashville at opryland that's surrounded by an aquarium. despite the cheesiness factor, it IS pretty cool despite the not-so-good food.)

anybody know if they're still doing the valencia project?

Oct 30, 07 7:04 am  · 
 · 
French

He did it ine the 70's
Nov 15, 07 6:26 am  · 
 · 

cool!

Nov 15, 07 7:19 am  · 
 · 
minimalicious

I think they planned to do an underwater hotel in dubai. Also, Norman Bel Geddes proposed a dam/aquarium/restuarant for chicago in 1929

Nov 15, 07 1:51 pm  · 
 · 
upside

play bioshock?

Nov 15, 07 7:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: