mdler

we might as well have one

Sep 25, 07 2:50 pm
Sarah Hamilton

ok, All Texans have a horse/pony.

Sep 25, 07 2:51 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

All southerners sleep with their cousins (note: I'm pretty much from the south)

Sep 25, 07 2:52 pm  · 
 · 

When I was a little girl in Poland, we all had ponies. My sister had pony, my cousin had pony. So, what's wrong with that?

Sep 25, 07 2:55 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

Apu - you're either southern or not. you can't be 'pretty much' from the south. unless you're from pennsylvania. because although PA is north of the MDL, it's pretty miuch from the south.

Sep 25, 07 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
binary

people that "breakdance" are old school

Sep 25, 07 3:04 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

p2an - Who'd figure an immigrant would have a pony?

Actually mighty, I think PA would be described mostly north east. Now DE is 'pretty much' the south.

Sep 25, 07 3:06 pm  · 
 · 
rfuller

All people with a southern accent and/or an appreciation for country music are legally retarded.

Sep 25, 07 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

Q: How do you get from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia?

A: Through Alabama

Sep 25, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

I am from the South. My parents are, indeed, cousins. And in that way that only Southerners can manage, my parents are cousins more than once.

But I've personally not slept with any of my cousins. Who are also my cousins more than once.

I am also a crazy redhead. That fact notwithstanding, everything I've stated above is true.

Sep 25, 07 3:11 pm  · 
 · 
ether

my wife (who is from PA) would be appalled at even the thought of someone considering her state being in the south... (i'm from the south and she like to make fun of me =) )

keeping with the stereotypes...

all architects either design residential or commercial architecture.

Sep 25, 07 3:13 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

Phil - I respectfully disagree. Philadelphia, sure, and maybe even the Delaware Water Gap are mostly NE, but the rest of pennsyltucky is 'pretty much the south.'

Sep 25, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
ether

mental relapse.. all architects design either residential or commercial architecture..

Sep 25, 07 3:16 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

ether - all in good fun, but of course she likes to think she's not from the south. who wouldn't?!?

don't get me wrong though. i love the south.

don't all southern people love boiled peanuts? i love me some boiled peanuts.

and bacon. gobs and gobs of bacon.

Sep 25, 07 3:25 pm  · 
 · 
ether

i hate boiled peanuts!

Sep 25, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I have been to much of Pennsylvania, and despite the fact that they have a place named Intercourse where people drive around in horse buggies, I would say that there is nothing southern about the state. And I am from Kentucky, so I know. I quite like PA actually, with its mix of blue-collar grittiness and urbanity (there was my stereotype).

p2an, I thought you were a guy?

lb, where exactly ARE you from then? I didn't know that the South factored in to your map anywhere.....

I don't know that I can contribute a new stereotype to this discussion just yet.....still thinking.....

Sep 25, 07 3:29 pm  · 
 · 
digger

all northerners are rude and without manners

Sep 25, 07 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

Don't forget BBQ! I say "pretty much" southern, because i was partially raised in a foreign country partially in ATL, which was also very far south of the MDL.

· 
mightylittle™

Trust Me, I'm From Jersey.

· 
Sarah Hamilton

I've never had boiled peanuts, unless you count the ones people put in green beans some times, does that count?

· 
Sarah Hamilton

And just from experience, I would say that northerners as a whole are less friendly than southeners as a whole. Maybe we just look around and smile more, but it seems friendlier.

Sep 25, 07 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
ether

all southern families have at least one guy named Bubba.

Sep 25, 07 3:33 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

ha ha, that reminds me, my husband went to school with a kid named Robert Bobby John Reeses Blair. Say it outloud, it's fun. It wasn't the south either.

Sep 25, 07 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

Isn't robert and bobby a bit redundant?

Sep 25, 07 3:36 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

sure SH, southerners are friendlier, till' they bust out the chainsaws!!!

Sep 25, 07 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

SH, yes, that's part of what's so funny. And they call him by all 5 names when they refer to him. Example that never actually occured as far as I know and is made up for explanation purposes: "Who is going to the game?" "Uh, Mike, Joe, Jason, Robert Bobby John Reeses Blair, Cindy, and Mary Beth..."

I can't contain my laughter right now.

Sep 25, 07 3:40 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

This is the best I can do...
All Germans eat sauerkraut and wear lederhosen

All Ukranians are stubborn, crazy and members of the mafia.

Sep 25, 07 3:41 pm  · 
 · 
Arzo

you can trust a guy from New Jersey

Sep 25, 07 3:43 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

My family goes long and deep in North Carolina, DubK, and though I was born in New Haven CN I would never claim myself as a Yankee.

Lest we stray of to non-architecture topics, the most important stereotype is that all architects wear black.

Sep 25, 07 3:44 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Jews are cheap.

Sep 25, 07 3:46 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

and white people are greedy

Sep 25, 07 3:49 pm  · 
 · 

when i first arrived to california in 1975, people used to ask me if we lived in tents and raised camels... i wish we were and i didn't know how to describe the environment i grew up to somebody from sacramento.

i didn't know where or which small district to start to explain how concrete ate all the donkeys long ago.

Sep 25, 07 3:51 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

wow, thats sad.....

Sep 25, 07 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

holy shit...is that a space rocket in that residential district?

Sep 25, 07 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
Sarah Hamilton

It would be much cooler if you lived in a tent and had a camel.

Sep 25, 07 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
work for idle hands
Jews are cheap

actually i got a great discount when i bought mine.

Sep 25, 07 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

wow, that's the most racist thing i've heard today, but damn its funny.

Sep 25, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

it's so funny in fact, you must be jewish

Sep 25, 07 4:01 pm  · 
 · 
Arzo

steer it back folks... focus...

Sep 25, 07 4:03 pm  · 
 · 
Philarch

WonderK, I think p2an was referring to a Seinfeld episode, hence my reply. If he wasn't referring to Seinfeld, I might sound like a complete ass.

Sep 25, 07 4:06 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

DE is 'actually' the south.

Sep 25, 07 4:13 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

Ok, I'll be the one to play the race card...

...all black people are great at sports, are good dancers, like rap and can't conjugate verbs...

...black women are loud, obnoxious and pushy...

...that Indians are drunk and lazy...

For the record, I can't play sports, I can't dance, and I try to speak correct English.

I am not loud, obnoxious or pushy-I am the exact opposite-and it amazes people.

I absolutely hate the taste of alcohol, and I have had a job for as long as i can remember...

Sep 25, 07 4:24 pm  · 
 · 
clerestory strip™

Oh, I forgot-I prefer German dub techno over rap....

Sep 25, 07 4:25 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

But are you eating fried chicken and drinking grape soda while typing that?

Sep 25, 07 4:33 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

New Yorkers are all rude, pushy, obnoxious, and are prone to saying things like "bada-bing" and "fugettaboudit" for no apparent reason. I have to step over dead bodies to get to my apartment, and there have been twelve shootings outside my office within the past month.

Sep 25, 07 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

Having grown up in the midwest, I have had absolutely no exposure to "culture", which is apparently opera and seafood.

Sep 25, 07 4:38 pm  · 
 · 
****melt

Strwabeary - we also eat a lot of meat, potatoes and corn too.

Oh and all Cincinnatians LOVE Skyline and the Bengals.

Sep 25, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
Arzo

all day labor is cheap

Sep 25, 07 4:44 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

damn Gin, you must work on the same block as me

Sep 25, 07 4:46 pm  · 
 · 
binary

white people cant dance......

lets battle and i'll prove you wrong

Sep 25, 07 4:55 pm  · 
 · 
Living in Gin

No shit, phuyaka. This neighborhood has gone straight to hell ever since those damn ___________ moved in.

Sep 25, 07 5:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: