25. Texas A&M

games start tonight!

Aug 30, 07 5:54 pm
mightylittle™

what?!? No RUTGERS?

Aug 30, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

sorry, my bad. we're #16. whew! ahead of PSU too..woot woot!

Aug 30, 07 5:56 pm  · 
 · 

all i gotta say is fight on for old SC !

Aug 30, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

go huskers! (not a chance)

Aug 30, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 

got your tickets yet, kurt?

Aug 30, 07 6:11 pm  · 
 · 
postal

LET'S GO TECH HAWKS!

Aug 30, 07 6:22 pm  · 
 · 
xacto

go blue.

Aug 30, 07 6:55 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

i dont see how rutgers can become a powerhouse while indiana continues to always suck. and its no excuse that the coach died. with all the talent that's out there they should be able to get some of it.

Aug 30, 07 6:57 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

go buckeyes

o h i o

Aug 30, 07 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

buckeyes? ha. go gators.

Aug 30, 07 11:15 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

grunt...wolverines...grunt

architects talkin' college football just isn't working.

and since when did gator fans become buckeye rivals? go find your own rivalry, while we, wolverines, stomp on those pathetic losers for a while.

Aug 30, 07 11:44 pm  · 
 · 

hey, we talk football just fine... sometimes. I actually managed to have a reasonably intelligent conversation the other day with a Wolverine. Can't remember which one, but the fact stands.

Aug 30, 07 11:51 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

as incredibly sappy as pete carroll is (and a cheat who makes sure his players get paid: can we say, "reggie bu$$$h"?), i can't completely hate the trojans. they at least have the third best unis behind um and penn state.

Aug 30, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

gators had their glory, that's over now

Aug 31, 07 8:36 am  · 
 · 

acfa's a gator???

Aug 31, 07 8:43 am  · 
 · 

jafidler... we (gators) don't have a rivalry with the buckeyes... you can't have a rivalry when one team complete dominates the other (in multiple sports too!)...

i'm interested to see how tim tebow does this year... the gators will only go as far as he can take them... it is either going to be a really good year or a really bad one... i'm just not sure yet...

4th in the SEC east... that's just crazy talk...

Aug 31, 07 10:21 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

tressel has a cute daughter. i met her at a party in chicago.

Aug 31, 07 10:52 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

My guess:

Michigan goes back to the Alamo bowl after losing to Wisconsin and Penn State in conference play. Michigan alumni end the season calling for Carr's resignation because he only went 11-2. Michael Hart is named an Academic All-American.

Aug 31, 07 11:09 am  · 
 · 
Janosh

P.S. Watch out for Iowa.

Aug 31, 07 11:11 am  · 
 · 

ahhh...if carr beats ohio state and goes 11-2 i think your prediction is moot...but really you are right janosh, if he doesn't take it away this year there is a lot to explain.

Aug 31, 07 11:24 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

oh, i'm just trying to get people fired up. we're one day away from michigan-appalachian state - what's not to get excited about that!

Aug 31, 07 11:35 am  · 
 · 

Our 'rivalry' with Michigan has been pretty lopsided lately as well... so I'd love us to play them in the championship, and see yet another Michigan quarterback eat more turf than is good for him.

I don't see the sappiness from Carroll, I see a guy who just doesn't find being a complete hardass with his players (ala Charlie Weiss) fun. And the Bush stuff is unproven, and the guy is out of the program. Even if the money and parents setup were proven, it seriously looks like the school had nothing to do with it, like a players family was looking to cash in and an agent was looking to make a little investment in a player they knew would be a cash cow after college. It's not like the situations where the coach sets a player up with a summer job that they don't actually have to go to.

Aug 31, 07 11:38 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

word around ann arbor is that win or lose, carr probably leaves at the end of this season, and that les miles is his likely replacement. carr's had a great career dispite his detractors, and i, for one, will miss him when he eventually retires.

Aug 31, 07 11:39 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

rationalist, you could say the same about oklahoma, rhett bomar and bob stoops, but they paid a pretty big price for their transgressions. pretty boy pete has essentailly gotten a free pass.

Aug 31, 07 11:42 am  · 
 · 

...because they can't prove anything. The guys making the accusations are convicted felons, and this shit has been talked for what, a year and a half or so now? And they haven't been able to prove anything. NCAA standards of proof aren't exactly "beyond a reasonable doubt" either, so I'm inclined to think that there's a reason they can't prove it.

Aug 31, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 
med.

West Virginia Baby!

Aug 31, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 
larslarson

i think it's silly to argue over what teams pay their players...if
you're at a major school you've probably been financially
influenced in some way...and i'm sure every school has figured
out ways around it...it's just a matter of whether or not they've
gotten caught.

Aug 31, 07 12:11 pm  · 
 · 
sajimtk

orange and blue!! go gators

Aug 31, 07 12:20 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

lived in g'ville for 16 years. i bleed orange and blue.

teeeeeboowwwwww!

granted. if we do well in the SEC and have a shot at the SEC title, i'll be happy. lost 9 defensive starters last year so that's a huge blow. rebuilding year. seriously. got the USC RB and top QB recruit for this year so next year will be huge.

Aug 31, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 

Any insight on the Moody transfer? Friggin boggles my mind- the kid was our second leading rusher last year despite injury, and supposedly transfers because he wants to be the feature back... OK, so stay healthy, and what do you think that makes you?!

Aug 31, 07 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

i always wanted to go to a florida school, but the level of education was too low for my standards. keep throwing that football gators!

Aug 31, 07 12:53 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

these guys should be paid because is a four year scholarship really worth anything compared to the seven figures these coaches make, the amount of revenue generated the amount paid by advertising before during after the games? its recockulous. im waiting for the student athlete who says i don't wnat your scholarship because i signed an endorsement deal but am still technically an amateur athlete.

Aug 31, 07 1:05 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

i really don't understand the whole "pay them a shit load" to play ball, but that's their cup of tea

Aug 31, 07 1:23 pm  · 
 · 

I guess that I DO think an education is worth that much, especially when it comes with room and board and medical care (which could run hundreds of thousands for some of these guys).

Aug 31, 07 1:26 pm  · 
 · 

yeah, we're crying. I guess I see it that guys come out of camp at a certain place and don't always manage to keep that place when the game's on the line, and Moody had a big advantage there because he had so much playing time last year.

Actually, the whole Matt Spanos injury does have me a bit worried. We were going to miss Kalil anyways, but this makes that position even more precarious.

Aug 31, 07 1:38 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

exploited but they don't know it i guess.

Aug 31, 07 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
med.

I'll be in Morgantown over the weekend to watch the #3 West Virginia Mountaineers (who I've been a lifetime fan of) play. It just so happens that school topped the Princeton Review list as the #1 party school. It's going to be a blast!

Aug 31, 07 4:42 pm  · 
 · 
Tony Snow

Here's my preseason poll of architecture schools by conference.

1. Ivy League - Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Penn and Columbia make their opponents lie awake at night. Cornell (red-shirted for 30 years) is looking to make waves this season.
2. Pac 10 - UCLA, Cal, and Washington lead the charge, but USC, Arizona State and Oregon could break out at any time. Clearly the deepest conference.
3. Big 10 - Led by perennial playmakers Michigan, Illinois and Minnesota. Ohio State is out to prove it belongs on the first string.
4. ACC - No superstar egos here, just solid fundamentals from Virginia, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Maryland, etc.
5. Big East - Cincinnati and Syracuse are strong but where will their support come from? I'll throw in Notre Dame since it's really a basketball conference, last year notwithstanding.
6. Big 12 - Texas can't carry the team on its shoulders, so Texas A&M, Kansas, Iowa State, etc. need to step up.
7. C-USA - Rice, Tulane and Houston have plenty of chemistry but can they put up the numbers by themselves?
8. MAC - Position players Kent State, Ball State, Miami and Temple have a lot of potential.
9. SEC - Florida and Auburn are solid, but too many of these schools have neglected architecture and gotten fat in the offseason.
10. MWC - Veterans Utah and New Mexico have a tough time matching up against other team's speed and size.

Aug 31, 07 5:00 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

Go Ducks!

Aug 31, 07 5:15 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

ivy league is overrated. lots of history and tradition but have lost that grip. and too bad MIT doesn't even fall into a division. ha.

hows the west-coast offense work into the PAC10's architecture? if i ran a 5 receiver emergent generative diagram, would a strong eisenman cover 2 diagram work?

Aug 31, 07 7:32 pm  · 
 · 
Tony Snow

Well it's also possible the Ivies should be disqualified for their unwillingness to put it on the line in January. That's like pulling all-nighters all semester, then skipping your final review.

Do west-coast thesis students have great offense but a weak defense? I'm a bit hazy on the strategic details, but one thing I'm sure of - SCI-Arc's play calls never make it off the chalkboard.

Aug 31, 07 9:59 pm  · 
 · 

wow, are you underrating USC as backlash for their high football ranking?

Aug 31, 07 10:25 pm  · 
 · 
Tony Snow

I'm an ACC fan so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. But like I said there seem to be a lot of great schools out west, there was no offense intended to the Trojans.

Aug 31, 07 11:06 pm  · 
 · 
Tony Snow

It may also be subliminal, as my boss is a Fighting Irish alum and plays the fight song every Friday.

Aug 31, 07 11:13 pm  · 
 · 
trace™

Gator's, of course

Sep 1, 07 9:14 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i can't believe there is still a discussion (or even a season for that matter) when everyone knows that notre dame is the best

of course if we must still play the games then watch out because this should be one of the best yet for the fighting irish now that charley weiss has had enough time to fully implement his genius

Sep 1, 07 9:32 am  · 
 · 
won and done williams

puddles, quit trying to stir the pot with your charlie hefeweissen talk. the golden homers are going down today to gatech.

Sep 1, 07 10:09 am  · 
 · 

Jank, I think that would explain it. Your list also seems more grad-oriented than under-grad oriented or equally balanced, which would also do it.

Puddles, the domers are going DOWN. I've heard predictions that they could start as badly as 3-7.

Sep 1, 07 12:34 pm  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Jank did i see you refer to the Illini as perenial playmakers? I love Illinois as much as the next guy but dude, they have the worst football program in America! Im gonna have to pull for my Hawkeyes, even if they have a candy ass schedule this year not having to battle Big Blue

Sep 1, 07 12:56 pm  · 
 · 
boxy

GO APPALACHIAN STATE!!

Sep 1, 07 1:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: