Archinect
anchor

pre-thesis

jsun

I am entering my final year a ba in arch. program. In a few weeks I will have to decide what I would like to do my thesis on. I have thrown around ideas of communal living and/or live work space. I would rather start with an idea and let a program evolve from it but I am finding it hard to do. The project will be sustainable. I need some help on how to find that main idea that will drive the project though.

Aug 28, 07 3:25 pm
strlt_typ

sweets catalog...

Aug 28, 07 3:26 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

?

Aug 28, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

What are you interested in, jsun? What have you been reading lately?

Aug 28, 07 3:39 pm  · 
 · 
eastcoastarch03

there's been a lot of talk of this SMACNA stuff, i'd say go with that one

Aug 28, 07 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
cadalyst

i'll give you $5 if you can tell me what smacna stands for without using google...

Aug 28, 07 5:29 pm  · 
 · 

sheet metal (and) a/c contractors national association

Aug 28, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
the0utfit

sustainable is so last year, you should make sure your building also incorporates a structural system

Aug 28, 07 8:56 pm  · 
 · 
jsun

some sort of modular

Aug 29, 07 9:35 am  · 
 · 
morphologist

if i were you, i would try to read as much as possible to be inspired by a more general idea that can tie your thoughts together. If you start with the big picture, you can develop the practicalities in relation to the main idea. I would keep in touch with current news, technological advances, and even current trends/ideas being used in architecture.

Sep 7, 07 5:22 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: