Archinect
anchor

the weather thread

treekiller

we already have threads about most any topics including kitchen sinks so here is the chance to talk about the weather, past, present, and future.

THUNDER
DROUGHT
FLOODS
CLOUDS
WIND
SNOW

and more

inspired by an intense t-storm that dropped about 2" of rain with continuous lightning waking up the entire city of minneapolis about 3:30am last night- all I can say was wow- that was the biggest storm this summer.

past weather discussion:

katrina

Aug 11, 07 4:15 pm
holz.box

in seattle, we get maybe 1 lightning strike a season.

i miss the late evening storms from living in d.c. and phoenix

Aug 11, 07 4:49 pm  · 
 · 
n_

I love lightning storms. Love.

Aug 11, 07 4:59 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

I enjoy them too- just don't like being woken up in the middle of the night by a storm.

Aug 11, 07 5:42 pm  · 
 · 

I love the rain, and don't mind thunder storms mostly. However when its faulk lightning it tends to go on for hours with its monsterous roar and many times striking homes and power cables, which ultimately incurs a loss on equipment on my part, even if its just the telephone plugged in

Aug 11, 07 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
Ms Beary

we hit 99 today. i went to the flea market and got toasted.

Aug 11, 07 7:18 pm  · 
 · 
e909

gets nice and windy before a storm. makes an evening walk more refreshing. although i suppose there's a chance of getting hit by a falling piece of tree...

guam gets showers almost everyday. i guess guameseianians keep their clotheslines under a roof.

Aug 12, 07 5:05 am  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

uh yeah, it's 544am i am sitting in my office because we are still without power. xcel, you blow!

Aug 12, 07 6:48 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

beta- give me a shout and come chill with us...

Aug 12, 07 8:18 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

we need a tornado thread!

anybody else looking forward to a new season of storm chasers?

the who

May 2, 08 2:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: