Archinect
anchor

Field Operations

greenmach

Hello,
I interviewed a Field Operations a couple days ago. Does anyone have insight on the office environment? I didn't get a clear picture from the interview - it was abstract and unclear.

Jul 30, 07 11:27 am
o d b

there is a podcast interview w/ James Corner that gives some insight into the office. Look in the "terragrams" podcast series on iTunes.

Jul 30, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

why didnt you ask them about it while you were there?

Jul 30, 07 11:55 am  · 
 · 
greenmach

i did ask. it was very vague. unclear as they transition into actually building things. but they're not gonna tell you about internal strife/position jockeying, etc.

Jul 30, 07 11:57 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

think starchitect office with lots of plant people... I've heard good things from my classmates working there. You will work hard and play hard. Don't think the upper management is tyrannical, they hire smart people and expect you to pull your own.

If you get hired, say hi for me.

good luck!

Jul 30, 07 1:02 pm  · 
 · 
greenmach

thanks. and i will hope for the opportunity to make a general announcement to my new colleagues: "HELLO TO ALL FROM TREEKILLER"

Jul 30, 07 1:27 pm  · 
 · 
athenaeum

I also interviewed about 3 weeks ago. It was a very different interview than the other firms I've been to - I concur about difficulty of getting a feel for the firm. But hands down the most proactive and future oriented in the states. Good luck to you!

Jul 30, 07 3:34 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: