i received an email today shown belown:

Hi p2an,

July 19th, 1997 - Archinect.COM went online
July 19th, 2007 - Archinect.NET preregistration opens

We're now accepting preregistration. Sign up now to reserve your screen
name and URL.

http://www.archinect.net/register/

Thanks!

whats that all about? maybe something i missed.

i didnt click on the link, i am a bit paranoid about security atm.
and the email didnt look like a typical Archinect.com email.

Jul 21, 07 2:44 am
binary

i got one too....

i dont think it's anything crazy...they prolly need testing proir to launching.....

the location section has a glitch though

Jul 21, 07 2:48 am  · 
 · 

i thought it was weird that i hadnt heard anything about the new domain. but then again i could have just missed an news article about it.
but as i said, i am pretty wary these days of following links if i am bit unsure of where i am going.

Jul 21, 07 3:09 am  · 
 · 
dlb

go look at the thread:

Happy 10th Birthday Archinect - Jul 19th 1997-2007

2nd sentence explains it all.

Jul 21, 07 3:19 am  · 
 · 
Darrel Ronald

Has anyone found the login page for the new website? I cannot register with either my existing username or with a new username?

Darrel.

Jul 21, 07 3:48 am  · 
 · 
dlb

it is not up yet.

they are sending out info to registered archinect.com users.

it just says: "Launching 2007"

Jul 21, 07 4:14 am  · 
 · 
Orphan

just signed up but it's kinda in the alpha stage not the Beta yet... word

Jul 21, 07 4:26 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Listen --- as you know some nutcases signed up as PerCorell in all the way's that name can be spelled , omitting me to get my name back and it seem with only reson to covard manifest themself under a false name , at the moment I can't even get my name back or even register a new password and nutcases made sure I can't register under a username aimular to my own name that I want to keep --- now not here but in future ; wouldn't it be a good idea to make sure nutcases are not allowad to alter or block particular usernames ????

Jul 21, 07 6:48 am  · 
 · 
TED

hi

will guess them 'nut-ers' are those who control da site.

Jul 21, 07 7:37 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Na I would newer belive that ; --- childish act, wierd aproach towerds intelectural property that would newer be , impossible as covard act against an artist shuld newer define a serious site, impossible I will newer belive that.

These are things that describe the act ,I newer belive that, this is a grown up site, not one supporting "that".

Jul 21, 07 8:42 am  · 
 · 

Attn admins: there was no link in my confirmation email, I wasn't able to complete the registration

Jul 21, 07 8:47 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

TED I just want to add, that I am a very happy artist --- every day bypass locals, tourists , student and lectures from the local royal arts acadamy and architect acadamy praise one of my works , a "graffiti" that has been up more than one and a halve year.
Now maybe you think that art is something dusty in a museum or wierd at a lightshow promoting spetadular, but I can tell you that art work the other way to. When you made something that every day recive the amount of pleasure , when you make it, when it work and is victorious then to hell with what dulled nutheads uses your art for, the hell with the covard acts the name bullying, the childish web bullying --- you see it's a pleasure when people come to you and say " man it's that good, or that painting make me glad every time I pass it, and btw. everyone say that"

So --- it's not to complain as me, I am happy every day about how things just work and happy about peoples response (how many artists do you think today succes with that) , but I take this chance, to tell maybe some of those who find more pleasure in covard acts, than in enjoying art , to revise their wierd selfmade impression about me as artist, nothing they did acturly harmed me and why do I say the word "harm" , as if this was their intention but no ; that can't be true it's simply to childish.

Just another happy messeage, people just love my art, wouldn't you be happy --- and how could that make anyone offensive.

Jul 21, 07 9:22 am  · 
 · 
TED

Per - you should write to paul directly because if it wasnt archinect who stopped it[via your ip], i would hate to have someone trying to not only take your name but any 'trademark' well-established signature that we all know - if he didnt do it - he should stop those who did.

Jul 21, 07 9:36 am  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i didn't get a confirmation link in the email either.

Jul 21, 07 9:48 am  · 
 · 
PerCorell

I did get a confimation --- sure you spelled your E-mail right ?

Ted --- We agrea these things are just trivial issues, something natural so to say, I agrea to that I am not that serious offended and things change over time , also ofcaurse case I got my name back , then would realy make me happy when I can not complain , guess things will slowly change but I also see a sort of task in this --- a commitment so to say, to protect not just my credits but also others call for respect , and maybe this is what this is about --- you see usealy when I fullfill something when the piece are finished , then usealy this is a huge problem for me, only recently with this Silver Screen Galleri and reciving bypassers appriciation about a Graffiti that is "different" , I reconised some sort of joy about a finished piece, so I guess it is some strange need that grown over the years, something I newer before thought about , as when one thing was made it was about the next and then the next, and every time one thing or piece was finished I lost interest in it and newer hounted for peoples reaction before ; --- recently I found this pleasuere and while I know that nothing of what I make is any way less quality than any other item or project, then I sort of feel a need for positive response to all those hundreds of boats, software, furniture, architectural issues, building methods sculptures pictures I left by me , strange in fact as I newer had it like this before.

Jul 21, 07 10:22 am  · 
 · 

Yeah, I got an email, but there was no link in it ...

Jul 21, 07 10:35 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

I got a link in the confirmation email and "my account is now active". Which is great. Could somebody tell me what to do with it? :oP

Jul 21, 07 10:51 am  · 
 · 
Archinect

p2an (and other skeptics) - yes, this is real, and very secure.

a login page will be set up soon. all registered members will be notified via email. at that point you will be able to edit your profile and test features as they are introduced to the system.

command - you are right, this is more of an alpha stage than beta stage.

some of you may have not yet received your verification email because our mail server is getting pounded by registrations. it may take a few hours to get your email. make sure to allow emails from register@archinect.com in your email system.

765 - please forward a copy of your email to connect (at) archinect dot com , so we can see what the problem is. there should be a link in your email allowing you to verify the account.

--

Archinect.NET = the Archinect you already know, but with personalization, customization, publishing tools, networking tools, portfolio creation, and more....

If you want to know more, be a beta tester, or just follow the progress sign up and reserve your name soon. This was only released via email a few hours ago but we already have hundreds of confirmed members.

Jul 21, 07 11:03 am  · 
 · 

... and also, the difference btw 'Full Name' and 'username' isn't clear, especially since archinect.com uses 'username' and 'screen name', I think. Is 'Full Name' our real name? I've got no problem filling that in, but some might ... I think the semi-anonymity that we enjoy here is sometimes a good thing.

Definition of Architecture?

Jul 21, 07 11:06 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Woo hoo! Sounds good.

Does anyone else think it's funny that no one really knows what they are signing up for but yet there are already "hundreds" of confirmed members? So fantastic...

Jul 21, 07 11:08 am  · 
 · 

well, I had no clue what it was at the time, but I registered for the sole purpose of claiming 'rationalist' as my own. It would have been a confusing disaster if someone else would have claimed my name.

Jul 21, 07 11:12 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

I had problems in registering with entering a made up location 'north woods' instead of an actual city name... note that you need to enter a real place to register

Paul, please allow users to enter alternate locations for the public profile info like we can now.

Jul 21, 07 11:37 am  · 
 · 

i'm a believer, and was chocked to see a personalised email come my way from archinect (I know it was machine generated but who cares)

I've signed up...and looking forward to it. Granted to be honest I'm not too keen on change, especially when I like the original s much, and the original before that (pimping architecture since '97) - I do hope they bring back that tage line

Jul 21, 07 11:44 am  · 
 · 
KEG

fyi,
I felt left out cause I didn't get one but it turns out it was in my bulk mail.

awww...archinect is growing up *tear*

I can't wait to see what this thing will do- It sounds great!

Jul 21, 07 12:50 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

apparently it is the Archinect dating site

Jul 21, 07 2:10 pm  · 
 · 
binary

sweet...... auction me off for a 1-nighter...... i want 84%

Jul 21, 07 2:49 pm  · 
 · 
Greg J. Smith

Archimatch.com ?

Jul 21, 07 5:08 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

frequent posting miles would really be kickass!

Jul 21, 07 10:51 pm  · 
 · 
driftwood
"frequent posting miles would really be kickass!"

I shouldn't have stayed away for so long...
Jul 22, 07 1:12 am  · 
 · 
mightylittle™

i registered and was sad to see that i cannot use my trademark symbol in my username.

will this continue to be true for my screen-name?

Jul 22, 07 2:47 pm  · 
 · 
PerCorell

Can you use a picture as screen name ?

Jul 22, 07 3:10 pm  · 
 · 
e909

Unrecognized location

Jul 29, 07 11:10 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

Unrecognized location for me too... I had to chose something from the, ahem, 'official' list

Jul 30, 07 4:34 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

did Per get his name back?

Jul 30, 07 9:15 am  · 
 · 
gillespie

maybe you could also create a symbol for your name. the artist formerly known as per, perhaps?

Jul 31, 07 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
Medit

bump!

any news? .. will this autumn see the birth of the new Archinect.NET? winter? spring?

Oct 9, 07 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

It's coming...

Oct 9, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Can we change our name?

Oct 9, 07 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
Dapper Napper

Oh I see I have to. Can't use apostrophes.

Oct 9, 07 6:41 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

how's it shakin'?

Mar 18, 08 4:23 pm  · 
 · 
Medit
Jun 23, 08 4:28 pm  · 
 · 
ryanj

check it out, it works...

wait. false alarm.

Jun 23, 08 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?
Archinect.NET/ ~ Coming Fall/Winter 2007
Feb 1, 10 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

oh yeah !!

Oct 4, 10 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
Archinect

This was the beginning of the new Archinect plans. It wasn't launched in Fall/Winter 2007, obviously, but it will be launching soon. It won't be Archinect.net. It will be Archinect.com, eventually replacing this antiquity that we've been using for the last 6.5 years, and it will be offering a lot more than our initial plans in '07.

We're getting really excited as the launch date nears. The first phase will be invitation-only. Long-time (productive) users of Archinect will be among those invited.

Keep the faith ;)

Oct 4, 10 8:15 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: