Archinect
anchor

ucla extension landscape arch?

pinuproom

hello,
i am interested in the certificate program in landscape architecture offered by ucla extension.
has anyone here taken any classes there? how is the quality of the program/teachers/student work? is it completely practical, or is it conceptual too?
also, if anyone knows, i have a b.arch and have been working in an architecture office for a few years--would it be possible to get some of the required courses waived? (particularly CAD, but maybe some basic drawing classes as well?)
for context, i'm not switching fields, just want to learn about landscape arch as well.
any insights/comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
thanks!

Jun 8, 07 7:20 am
paperboy

My gf just started and is finishing her first course. I know you can get out of the begining drawing and cad classes but they still make you pay some of the tuition. Many of the students are older with absolutely no artistic background so some classes are quite basic. It sounds like her first design class will be very conceptual. while this quarter was very practical. You will only be licenced to practice in CA through that program. Good luck.

Jun 8, 07 9:11 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: