Archinect
anchor

Everyday Urbanism...

vado retro

Last weekend, I documented a walk to the Indianapolis Interim Library and back. I found the Good, The Bad and the Ugly in my little jaunt, some great urban moments countered by overly wide streets and areas ripe for infill. CheckItOut and post your own urban experience.

May 20, 07 11:50 am
vado retro

well, the jaunt back is not shown as i posted over my free limit...

May 20, 07 11:51 am  · 
 · 
rutger

Everyday Delft.

vado, are your streets always deserted?

May 20, 07 12:26 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

much of it was neighborhood so there were folks in their yards etc, actually there were quite a few people on the street down near the library...those pics are near the end. but yeah we drive cars man.

May 20, 07 12:30 pm  · 
 · 
rutger

I would go crazy man. Many Dutch people who live(d) in US told me horror stories about getting lost on the highway with a bicycle or something similar.

May 20, 07 1:08 pm  · 
 · 
rutger

Hmm, I sound like a Euro snob... sorry vado

here's our highway, (Amsterdam > the Hague > Rotterdam)
Delft is on the right, the Hague (Ypenburg) on the left. A bridge separates Delft and the Hague nowadays. We don't have much space.

May 21, 07 2:24 pm  · 
 · 

very cool post vado... i'm going to be walking to meet a friend for dinner tonight and will try to remember to bring along a camera to document the journey...

rutger, you're allowed to be a euro snob... the lack of street life is just a fact of life in most american cities... your photos of delft are beautiful...

May 21, 07 2:31 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

yeah those are great photos rutger. certainly would love to be there. yeah phil take some pics and post them!

May 21, 07 4:02 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

My street:

May 21, 07 8:10 pm  · 
 · 

alrighty... here's my walk to dinner from earlier tonight... there aren't as many pictures that i would have liked because my camera was running low on juice... there was an insane clown posse show tonight, so i could have taken a lot of pictures of the icp freaks walking around if my batteries hadn't died...

May 21, 07 10:05 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

margaret crawford can bite me, but i am looking forward to posting a typical walk through the d...

May 21, 07 11:30 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

wicket awesome!

May 22, 07 1:49 am  · 
 · 
vado retro

good shots phil!

May 22, 07 11:47 am  · 
 · 

I think I'd like to do this as well...granted I doubt it would be urban (rural instead)

May 22, 07 12:28 pm  · 
 · 
w3

Everyday BV

"Urban" might not be the right word for this set of images - but this is my 7 min. walk to work everyday + a little extra in my little town of < 3K.

May 22, 07 10:40 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

bongo billy's is where its at. thanks w3!

May 22, 07 10:53 pm  · 
 · 
w3

Bongo Billy's IS indeed where it's at. Great coffee...

May 22, 07 11:00 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I think this thread is a great idea, vado. I took my walk today.

Have a look!

May 26, 07 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

Great pictures, WonderK! That looks a lot like my walk to work every day, and yet we live in different countries.

May 26, 07 8:11 pm  · 
 · 
vado retro

great pics wk. i took my set down as i am not a flickr pro and so all my other pics were gone, i ll need to go back in and edit it when i get some time.

May 26, 07 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
santa monica mall
May 26, 07 8:46 pm  · 
 · 

great set dubK & Orhan

May 26, 07 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Thanks guys.

I took almost the same walk again last night, and although it doesn't count towards the original set, I have to say the sight of carnival rides spinning next to skyscrapers is pretty crazy....

May 27, 07 1:40 pm  · 
 · 
bowling_ball

I spent a couple of hours walking downtown today, in an extended trip of what would normally be my walk to work.

Keep in mind that I live in Hamilton, Ontario. As some have described it, "The Pittsburgh of Ontario."

If this actually works, enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8525343@N02/sets/72157600273693183/

May 27, 07 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

That's a pretty sweet photo WK-

May 27, 07 6:10 pm  · 
 · 

thanks dammson.
slide show of my new 'everyother day walk to work' which takes 45 minutes each way. it has a up-down hill strech. to be added on.

show

Aug 15, 07 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

orhan, is that your garden?

if so, it's very nice!

Aug 15, 07 5:38 pm  · 
 · 

thanks cris, no, but i like it too. i am working on a succulent garden set (there are quite a few of them around). coming soon.;.)

Aug 15, 07 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
xtbl

cool.

keep us posted on that!

Aug 15, 07 5:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: