Apr 20, 07 3:59 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

I'll will show it to you

Apr 20, 07 4:16 pm  · 
 · 
holz.box

you mean carl mastropiestro?

he was an air force vet, a la wes jones, as well.

i like how dwell terms the maston residence (pictured above) as selling "quickly-and often" when it sold 3 times between 1962 and 2002. for california, that doesn't seem like a lot.

speaking of cal-mod:
schindler's laurelwood apts. are for sale ($6 mil)

Apr 20, 07 11:15 pm  · 
 · 

very clean.... surprising that there isn't more about him.

Apr 21, 07 1:33 am  · 
 · 
mdler

guy was a baller. Did great work..over 100 projects. He is part of the second tier of LA modernists (Ain, Soriano, Hamilton Harris, etc...) who worked for the likes of Neutra, Eames, and Neutra.

Did a great recording studio in Silverlake as well as some office space along the 101 and Muhullond

Apr 21, 07 4:57 am  · 
 · 
citizen

Haven't heard that name in years. Someone I knew in school worked for him 25 years ago... in that tiny (converted) classical bank building on Melrose near Highland. To be honest I'd never seen his work before seeing that image above... it's pretty danged nice!

Apr 21, 07 9:51 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

he did AMAZING work. Did a recording studio next to the Edendale grill in Silverlake (have been trying to find info on it) whish is crazy. If anyone is out there who needs to write a book, he would be a great topic

Apr 21, 07 11:49 pm  · 
 · 
Apurimac

that is a ballerific house

Apr 21, 07 11:58 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

yea..the house is crazy. It is up off of Sunset Plaza. The concrete is wonderful. Heavily sandblasted board formed.

There is a whole group of unknown LA modernists who did bitchin' work. Everyone talks about the Eames, etc, but these are many more..

one of the many reason's LA is the greatest city in the US...

the fact that Tumbles is in LA is another reason...

Apr 22, 07 1:48 am  · 
 · 
xtbl

wow, very nice! i hadn't heard of him, but i like what i see.

Apr 23, 07 12:39 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: