Archinect
anchor

3d models of cities

perturbanist

Here is a place to request 3d models of cities....

anyone have one of dubai?

Jan 12, 07 2:32 pm
mdler
http://www.tokyocityview.com/mufi/e_index.html
Jan 12, 07 2:37 pm  · 
 · 
malec

I have on of dubai but not of the whole city. It's only of the part where most of the towers are built so doesn't include the palm island. Here are some pictures:

Jan 12, 07 3:27 pm  · 
 · 
I love archinect

looking for one of vienna anyone?

Jan 13, 07 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
binary

i started documenting downtown detroit about 2 years ago..... then built a basic model in autocad.......still working on it....

May 20, 08 10:55 am  · 
 · 
crowbert

Monorail!

May 20, 08 11:00 am  · 
 · 
usernametaken

I'm going to bump this thread a little bit: for a competition I'm doing, a 3D-model of Dubai would come in really handy... Is there anybody who can help me out with this?

Jun 15, 08 5:22 pm  · 
 · 
TheArchitect

Where was the link from the OP to the site with 3d Models?

Jun 15, 08 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
PsyArch
Glasgow
Jul 31, 08 8:03 am  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

there is a way to capture the model and materials with direct X from Virtual earth. maps.live.com with dirrectX ripper

Jul 31, 08 11:56 am  · 
 · 
usernametaken

unfortunately, I didn't obtain the model... But then again, due to all kinds of circumstances, the competition (well, not the entire competition but our proposal) was off before the proces even got started...

Jul 31, 08 2:30 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes
http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/3DRipperDX.htm

1. Capture from a top view only, otherwise it skews (tilts) the buildings.
2. Your cursor with the circle and four arrows is a 3D object. It will export, so don't put it over a building you want.
3. The 3DR file it better for mapping the textures than the OBJ.
4. Move around the area you want and wait for everything to load zoomed in, so that you get the best detail. Also, more high-res pictures are captured instead of low-res this way.
5. If you want textures, even though you captured the frame already, it will still be capturing textures long after. For some reason, the textures need to be refreshed to be captured as well, so after you have the frame, move all around the area, in any perspective, so that it refreshes and captures as many textures as you want.

Jul 31, 08 3:07 pm  · 
 · 
Antisthenes

For Virtual Earth it's much easier, just open it up, copy the url, close it, open 3D Ripper DX, point it to IEXPLORE.EXE and launch, paste the url, go to the location on the map, and press the capture button.

Jul 31, 08 3:20 pm  · 
 · 
wurdan freo

Anyone have any luck capturing data from bing maps with the 3d ripper lately. I cannot get it to work and am wondering if it is operator error or if microsoft has blocked its use?

Oct 15, 09 10:36 am  · 
 · 
finB

i love archinect:

do you have the Vienna one? can I get a copy from you?

Oct 15, 09 1:42 pm  · 
 · 
ff33º

wurdan , I got OGLE to work..email me..:-)

Oct 15, 09 1:49 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: