Archinect
anchor

10 Year Archinect JAM[bore]E?

b3tadine[sutures]

So this place, space or whatever has been around for 10 vindpust years, I think it's time for a Archinect get together. We could do a camping thing - you know get outside and away from the keyboard driven life - or a museum thing, pool together funds and rent a space. Something right? We are creative types right? I think it should be later this year, perhaps an end of summer deal, before the next crop of MARCH's gets bloggging?

Thoughts?

Cricket - Cricket?

Jan 12, 07 8:31 am
postal

actually, we could do a gallery showing...

we've got tons of material, articles, student works, blogs...

Jan 12, 07 9:10 am  · 
 · 
French

the show is a good idea postal, but the selction will be tough I think, since there's now a lot of archinecters, and I'm sure a good part of them would like to participate.
The other day I was dreaming about being a documentray filmmaker, and the subject of the documentary was to travel around the globe and get to meet all the famous archinecters...
That would be a nice birthday gift...

Jan 13, 07 8:57 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

we should all pitch in and fly Per to America for a speech on 3dH. Chicago's good- its in the middle.

Jan 13, 07 4:00 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I agree Chicago is good. Also, I'd probably pitch in to get Per here.

So is there a reason "bore" is in brackets?

Jan 13, 07 4:10 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

yep, given the level of the response so far, my cynicism that we'd all want to meet for a 10 year event, i thought that pple might find this boring...i'd be up for it, but perhaps the idea smacks of high school reunion with crappy chicken dinners and Hello, My Name Is...name tags...oy vey!

Jan 13, 07 5:58 pm  · 
 · 

If we brought Per here, how many 'nectors would actually talk to him?

Jan 13, 07 6:37 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

As opposed to socking him in the face after downing a few cocktails?

Jan 13, 07 9:36 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

I get the feeling there wouldn't be much conversation. Unless a pocket translator was used. In that case, it would be hilarious

Jan 13, 07 9:38 pm  · 
 · 
Balagan

Seriously, we should give a Nobel Prixe for medecine to the first guy who can psychoanalyze Per. I shudder at thought of how his shrink sessions would go.......

Jan 13, 07 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
kellynsee

french: thats a good birthday gift. i'd tour you around manila to all the famous beaches in the philippines (a year isn't enough! with the beaches i mean.. manila can be done within 3 days) hahaha

Jan 13, 07 11:50 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

I would go. I don't camp well though. And you all have probably figured out that I'm pretty much willing to go anywhere and meet anyone at this point, so I'm sure this isn't a surprise to any of you.

Jan 14, 07 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I say we do an all-inclusive get together in Cabo - Mexico. What can be better? Beaches, drinks, fun!!!

Jan 14, 07 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

cabo sounds like either spring break, that 80's dating show hearts, or a van halen album...

Jan 14, 07 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

dude! I mean something like the InterContinental Presidente Los Cabos Resort! It's nothing like a spring break caliber...

Jan 14, 07 8:57 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

I think you should all come to nz.

Jan 14, 07 9:33 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

One vote for nz!!!

Jan 14, 07 9:39 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

i think we should all meet on the space station to see if that cosmonaut was really posting to archinect...which thread was that anyways? it's an old one.

Jan 14, 07 9:58 pm  · 
 · 
Katze

I can get us discounted tickets to the space station....

Jan 14, 07 10:42 pm  · 
 · 

rumor has it that sometime this year, in LA, there will be a b-day party.

Jan 15, 07 3:15 am  · 
 · 
evilplatypus

Ive never been to LA. Im afraid if i go there I may never return home. It happens I hear.

Jan 15, 07 9:33 am  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

a plane ticket from copenhagen to O'Hare (OHD) is $633
$110 a night in a hotel x 5days = $550
breakfast/lunch/dinner for 5 days = $150

total is $1333

to get Per to lecture for 4 nights in chicago

Sep 7, 07 6:04 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

for that much, i expect a complete 3dh seminar.

Sep 7, 07 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
mightylittle™
a plane ticket from copenhagen to O'Hare (OHD) is $633
$110 a night in a hotel x 5days = $550
breakfast/lunch/dinner for 5 days = $150

total is $1333

dinner and a chat with per??

PRICELESS!

(i can't believe no one posted that already...?)

Sep 7, 07 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
brian buchalski

most visiting lecturers demand a minimum of $2k and a first class plane ticket (unless you'd rather send a chartered jet for him)...besides you omitted the most important part: entertainment expenses. if we bring per over here we're going to have to spend a small fortune on drinks and lap dances...but, oh, the pictures will be priceless

Sep 8, 07 5:47 pm  · 
 · 

tell me where and when and I'll be there!!

we can formally refer to it as a conference. I'm sure we will get support and financing. The overseas visitors can be guest speakers and their travels comp'd by the advertisers. What say you Paul?

Sep 8, 07 6:09 pm  · 
 · 
won and done williams

the first annual archinect international conference with special guest speaker per correll - i would chip in a few hundred to go to that. we could also charter an indian trails bus for a special one day excursion to the grosse pointe central library.

Sep 9, 07 8:49 pm  · 
 · 

now we are talking

Sep 9, 07 9:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: