Archinect
anchor

POOL TABLE......is there a decently designed pool table out there

meow

Can anyone out there direct me towards a well designed pool table? By well designed, i mean it doesnt look like this

i appreciate any help...................meow

Dec 2, 06 6:33 pm
db

I really like the Monarch Metropolitan
http://www.monarchbilliards.com/pooltables.html

or the Brunswick Gold Crown
http://www.brunswickbilliards.com/brunswick_collection/tables/competition/gold_crown_iv.html

Dec 2, 06 6:44 pm  · 
 · 
db

sorry...here's a direct link to the Metropolitan
http://www.monarchbilliards.com/Pool_Tables/Metropolitan.jpg

Dec 2, 06 6:45 pm  · 
 · 
meow

those aren't bad, the monarch table is ok, like a giant coffee table thanks for the suggestions

perhaps something with more finesse,

it would be for a trendy loft (apartment). Or as our client would say the "boom boom room"

Dec 2, 06 7:30 pm  · 
 · 
Carl Douglas (agfa8x)

what do you mean meow? - that pool table is completely awesome!

Dec 2, 06 8:12 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite
Boom Boom?
Dec 2, 06 8:21 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

I think this might be more like it for your trendy client if he drives a Hummer! http://www.foosballstore.com/images/camowrap.jpg[/img]

Dec 2, 06 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
snooker
Dec 2, 06 9:09 pm  · 
 · 
spaghetti

ive seen a solid glass pool table somewhere.. im sure it was custom/artist made though, an di cant seem to find it anywhere. it was sleek/minimal modern too. otherwise, i like the fischer price 6 in one.

Dec 2, 06 9:20 pm  · 
 · 
meow

sleek minimal, yeah needs to be sexy.....with camo wrapping

Dec 2, 06 9:49 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

fog, that is perhaps the best pool table i have seen, every other modern table looks like shit. i love that the frame and legs move up, instead of the center piece moving down, ingenious.

Dec 3, 06 9:00 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

It is pretty damn cool. I'm sure that converting the table would become a bit of a performance piece for the owner.

Only thing is since they have that slick animation and what appear to be renderings, I'm not sure it's a real product yet.

Dec 3, 06 11:32 am  · 
 · 
meow

purrrrrrrr............also, I imagine its very expensive...........................................................................................................................purrrrr................................meow...........................................................................prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......purrrrrrrrr

Dec 3, 06 3:53 pm  · 
 · 
meow

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........................purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dec 3, 06 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
paperboy

From Michael Heltzer in Chicago

link

Dec 3, 06 6:16 pm  · 
 · 
myriam

FOG, that is way too awesome. I want one!!! This is turning out to be a good question, meow.

Dec 3, 06 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
meow

purrrrrrrrr..............keep it going keep it going.........purrrrrrrrrr

Dec 3, 06 7:49 pm  · 
 · 
238amdotcom.

You should have 238amdotcom build you one.

2:38am is a realm of design that takes details to another level...... construction/design/model building/product design are some of the areas that are encompassed within this name...... the fourth dimension is time which is always under estimated , over looked, and in between everything.............. steel/glass/wood in the raw forms tend to create the "image" of 2:38am....... in all aspects.... "it's not what you do but how you do it"

look me up!

2:38am

Dec 3, 06 8:40 pm  · 
 · 
meow

238 i like your work.........please elaborate on how you could take a pool table to the next level?........................purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............................purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dec 3, 06 11:23 pm  · 
 · 
238amdotcom.

Before:

After:

this was my 3 year project. a 77 curved based brunswick that i took apart and rebuilt/reconfigured to look like an upside ziggurat. only thing i didn't do was pull the body or paint. shaved the pockets/added diamond inlay/downlights/green felt/etc..custom bumpers/stereo/suspension/etc

Dec 3, 06 11:41 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

it went from ledoux to an upside down ziggurat...

Dec 3, 06 11:42 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

"a hoe....nuva...levooo"

Dec 3, 06 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
meow

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........................238 interesting.......what kind of mileage do you get on that upgraded brunswick................purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..........meow

Dec 3, 06 11:48 pm  · 
 · 
238amdotcom.

I know you can't resist my fourth dimension skillz...

Dec 4, 06 9:12 am  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Could you use this sort of mechanism for a bumper pool table?

(Also note that this company seems to have stolen the logo from Dick Busch's firm. )

Dec 9, 06 5:49 pm  · 
 · 
garpike

That Heltzer is sweet.

Dec 9, 06 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

another modern pool table:

http://www.fusiontables.com/index.html

Feb 21, 08 6:56 pm  · 
 · 
minoho

Is this the "Glass Pool Table" you were talking about?...

http://www.unisa.edu.au/studentsatunisa/2004/june/pool.asp

Feb 24, 08 11:28 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

The table is made up of a modular frame topped with a thick glass playing surface, which is coated in a unique resin based material comparable to traditional felt surfaces, retaining original rolling resistance, noise and spin properties.

woah cool
fingerprints? is it distracting without a solid background?

Feb 24, 08 11:52 am  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

thanks minoho for the link

Feb 24, 08 11:54 am  · 
 · 
trace™

I can only imagine what one of those tables would cost! (not the glass, the Metro - I have a hard time believing you'd get any kind of real feel out of a "unique resin based material comparable to traditional felt surfaces..." uh huh, right)

Feb 24, 08 1:35 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

it's gotta be cold on yo' hands

Feb 24, 08 2:17 pm  · 
 · 
drums please, Fab?

is there a decently designed pool table light fixture out there?

doesn't have to be slick/mod, just not this:

or this:

Jun 4, 08 2:26 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: