Archinect
anchor

LA _ Park Proposals Gone Wild - the "CORNFIELD" competition

contemax

Los Angeles - Design competitions leave too many good ideas out of the mix.

"Hopefully they will realize that this type of thinking provides them with even more of what they want,..." Corner

has someone further information, pics or the link to an official competition-site?

Nov 22, 06 6:57 pm
treekiller

yo! please (note: I said please) search through the other threads before making a post. (i.e. make use that nifty search window placed at the bottom of the discussions page.) You may even find what you want instead of getting a response to your inquiry.

We've had a 3 month long run discussing about the cornfield's park competition and all things urban in Los Angeles...

now go have some turkey and come back to archinect after the big football game.

Nov 22, 06 9:06 pm  · 
 · 
contemax

dear mister treekiller,

if you find any real project-description (a link to it) there please let me know. I will send you 100 points if there are some.

I´m not interested in some football blabla - I would like to see some drawings, concepts,ideas, not this nice looking postcard-renderings like above

happy thanxgiving (and dont forget - you can win the 100 turkeykillapoints...!!!)

Nov 22, 06 10:03 pm  · 
 · 
Alan Loomis

contemax, you owe treekiller 200 points.

100 points for directing you to the ongoing cornfields discussion thread, which includes links to PDFs of the presentation boards submitted to the competition

and another 100 points for directing you to the search function that will allow you to find said discussion thread

Nov 23, 06 3:12 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

Conte- you've made some smart posts so far, I'd like to keep playing in the sand box with you. if not football, then we can play cowboys and indians, smeer bodypaints all over or whatever!

How real do the project descriptions have to be to earn the pointz? I'll be happy to split the pointz with Heather how's london? Ring for posting the links to each pdf. 'cause the only descriptions available are the text on the boards for the hypothetical design and the press on the boards/presentations. As these boards are not the actural design, but just concepts to win the job, what are those project descriptions really worth?

Nov 23, 06 10:30 am  · 
 · 
contemax

ok , thanx to nitpicker for this link

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=24432

treekiller, this is for you

here are your 100 points ;-)
....................................................................................................

(sorry alan, but there are no additional points for the search funktion staff)

Nov 27, 06 12:31 am  · 
 · 
treekiller

Yeah! I got my points!!!!

ok, now what can I spend them on????

I should spread them around the 'scapers on the 'nect for all the good discussions on the park proposal.

next up will be Governor's Island in NYC.

Nov 27, 06 9:06 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: