Archinect
anchor

Aurelio Galfetti

anyone know him / his work? did what googling i could - Thank you to whoever posted the Castelgrande keyhole image. - He's got this ando-meets-abraha- meets-zumthor austerity that i'm v. taken with ... looks like he just turned 70- is he working on any projects- or just doing the school ( Mendriso / Botta school) written anthing?
anyone know him / his work? did what googling i could - Thank you to whoever posted the Castelgrande keyhole image. - He's got this ando-meets-abraha- meets-zumthor austerity that i'm taken with ... looks like he just turned 70- is he working on any projects- or just doing the school ( Mendriso / Botta school)

Aug 30, 06 2:55 pm
c
http://www.archidose.org/Jun06/061206b-pic.html
Aug 30, 06 3:01 pm  · 
 · 
misterTT

a professor of mine in undergrad had some connection with him, and was always showing his work as the 'right' solution to contextual problems. He's got a pretty interesting fascination with the medieval walls around bellinzona, specifically in a courthouse (maybe) project, and also the public baths in bellinzona, which was pretty amazing in slides. they were both from the late '60s I believe...i;m not sure what he's been up to recently.

but I agree with the praise!

Aug 30, 06 4:22 pm  · 
 · 
A1

c,

most of Galfetti's work is published in books. I'm sure you'll find something if you look in a library (preferably of an architecture college).

Sep 1, 06 2:53 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

one of his projects in locarno...the dropped plaza inside the rotunda...on a typical day-to day it's used as a pedestrian crossing below the streets...the area directly underneath the roadway of the rotunda contains existing fragments of the walls of the oldest castle in town...from the galfetti plaza towards the piazza grande, the first area you pass by is the oldest (17th century) part of town...

when there are festivals in town is when it is used the most otherwise it's mostly empty

Sep 1, 06 6:34 pm  · 
 · 
a-f

Actually I visited the Castelgrande this summer, but was not familiar with the works of Galfetti before that. Beautiful renovation, very well executed, very respectful to the existing environment. The entrance is of course the most spectacular - swiss concrete pouring at its best.

Sep 2, 06 7:34 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: