Archinect
anchor

what shoes are you wearing right now?

mm

I'm looking for a new pair of casual shoes to wear to the office. I'm outgrowing my desire to wear sneakers everyday but I'm not particularly fond of what I've seen in stores.

Suggestions?

Jul 14, 04 3:14 pm
lexi

http://www.robertclergerie.com/

they are tall but still very comfortable and won't give you a headache

Jul 14, 04 3:35 pm  · 
 · 
design geek-girl

mm, gender? only tell us if you want something gender specific...

Jul 14, 04 3:50 pm  · 
 · 
mm

A good point, ddg.

I'm male.

Jul 14, 04 4:12 pm  · 
 · 
kyll

tsubo. japanese shoes/casuals. comfiest things ever

Jul 14, 04 4:15 pm  · 
 · 
slomo

i was wondering what do most of you wear to the office? i've seen, for males, slacks and collar shirt all the way to jeans and a t-shirt. not many suits and ties tho. what do you, both male and female, prefer? pros? cons?

Jul 14, 04 4:21 pm  · 
 · 
blank

cole haan- nice shoes, can go either casual or dressy. as they are really high end nikes they have pretty good air cushioning so they arent as hard on the feet. that and the insides are padded enough so they dont cut the back of your heel, which is a problem i have with most shoes. other than that, nothing beats adidas sambas!

Jul 14, 04 4:26 pm  · 
 · 
aeaa

jeans, t-shirt, sneaks. once in a while a button up shirt. I was determined to dress more professional however, I went to site today and got covered in gyp board dust. sticking with the addidas for a bit longer.

Jul 14, 04 4:30 pm  · 
1  · 
mdler

clarks

Jul 14, 04 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
lexi

fitted button down shirt and straight skirt just about everyday.
maybe a red shirt or fluffy skirt or sundress or jeans sometimes.
pants - not very often
tall shoes open or close toed everyday except friday.
casual suit and tall shoes close toed, or more formal suit to meetings.

Jul 14, 04 4:35 pm  · 
 · 
mm

My typical outfit: slacks, collar shirt (dress shirt, point collar), sneakers (puma anjam) or casual shoes (campers pelotas). I wear a tie every so often when I need to meet with an important client or go to some event where everyone else will be dressed similarly.

My office is moderately casual. We can wear jeans, which I do on occassion, but I meet with clients regularly and sometimes have unscheduled meetings with clients right before they begin, so I tend to dress a bit more conservatively.

But I've become rather bored with my clothes... but the trouble is that I'm also bored with fashion in general...

Jul 14, 04 4:36 pm  · 
 · 
bryan boyer
Clone Italia
Jul 14, 04 5:05 pm  · 
 · 
whistler

T-shirt, shorts, sandals. I am the principle,but then again I have no meetings today and its over 30 C.

Jul 14, 04 5:26 pm  · 
 · 
norm

old school adidas basketball sneakers with the rubber toes.

Jul 14, 04 5:30 pm  · 
 · 
duke19_98

ahhh the live and wardrobe of a college student. Huntington Beach surf shirt, Addias sport shorts, New Balance 705's. I'm sure not looking forward to those button up shirts and ties.

Jul 14, 04 5:44 pm  · 
 · 
Sean Taylor

Surrealist by Medium Shoes, black

Jul 14, 04 5:46 pm  · 
 · 
archit84

i know there was a thread bout this before but architects really need to dress better. If my friends walked into work (corporate nonarchitects, mostly bankers) wearing a t-shirt and jeans with sneakers on they would be sent home to change. When i wear suits to important meetings it just feels right.

as for my shoes, K Coles

Jul 14, 04 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
anatomical gift

I guess you wouldn't approve of my 8 year old Doc Marten sandles.

Jul 14, 04 6:31 pm  · 
 · 
R.A. Rudolph

White rubber flip-flops. Side note - we're a young office and have found we do better at meetings with clients when we dress down. All our work is residential, and our clients are almost always dressed super casual - jeans & t-shirts. Since we look younger than we are, we've decided when we dress up it seems like we're trying to be something we're not, whatever they think that is.

Jul 14, 04 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
PostDepot

redback boots from australia, brown and well aged.

Jul 14, 04 7:05 pm  · 
 · 
anatomical gift

...one orange sock.

Jul 14, 04 7:06 pm  · 
 · 
Ex-Army Dude

These are the best shoes I have ever bought... about 4 weeks and I wish I bought all colors available. SUPER COMFORTABLE!!!

SKETCHERS Balladeer (style: 4175) Price: $68.00

Description:
Smooth, casual style that's as comfortable as it looks. Step into our double-seam leather oxfords - designed on a heeled stitchout outsole with the latest comfort technology.

http://shop.skechers.com/shop/men/shoes/casuals/...

Jul 14, 04 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
Minimal Animal

Reebok DMX Black Leather....they're awesome for both casual and semi-casual dress codes

Jul 14, 04 7:43 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic
http://www.bostonianshoe.com/default_flash.asp
Jul 14, 04 8:31 pm  · 
 · 
Tectonic

Extremely durable and comfortable shoes, highly recommend them.

Jul 14, 04 8:32 pm  · 
 · 
joe

"what shoes are you wearing right now?"

a daytona bike week 2000 black t shirt with holes in it along with black and red athletic shorts. no shoes. when I wear shoes i wear my sketchers though.

Jul 14, 04 8:39 pm  · 
 · 
gasp

Gravis shoes are it.

it's an offline of everyones favorite snowboard company-- Burton
http://www.burton.com/Gravis/FW04/default.asp

Jul 15, 04 4:02 am  · 
 · 
French

bill tornade shirt
gstar bluejeans
asics tai-chi black and red shoes (kill bill style)

Jul 15, 04 4:17 am  · 
 · 
dia

Campers + Golas... sounds like an architecture practice.

Jul 15, 04 6:06 am  · 
 · 
anti

Gravis
damn comfortable shoes (ive beat the hell out of mine for 4 years and still love them)

Tsubo
damn nice shoes, I liked my Quarks so much I bought a black and a brown pair. I leave them at the office and walk to work in an old pair of running shoes then change when I get to work.

Jul 15, 04 8:04 am  · 
 · 
.nl

yellow jil sander by puma halftop sneakers

a bit flashy but generates lots of shoe compliments

I can pretty much wear anything I want to work, being a junior never requires me to meet with clients or site meetings

Jul 15, 04 8:20 am  · 
 · 
bd

Adidas X Country (in red)

http://66.54.7.6/adidasWebApp/com/infy/adidaspc/pageflow/heritage/...

Jul 15, 04 9:19 am  · 
 · 
slapdash

how about shoes for women? that look good, but are NOT ridiculously pointy / uncomfortable / over-the-top-girly?

Jul 15, 04 9:37 am  · 
 · 
David Cuthbert

Kenneth Cole "sport boot" <- kinda looks like an architects dream. Durable enough to handle the mud and rain on site, wipe clean go meet the client.

Pants - my site pants, grey pair of Express trousers
An off-white Oxygen button down shirt
Jewellery by Xtra

Jul 15, 04 9:58 am  · 
 · 
J3

camper slip-ons

Jul 15, 04 4:41 pm  · 
 · 
Minimal Animal

Nike shox

Jul 15, 04 4:45 pm  · 
 · 
mwad

Giraudon Sport mule shoes
http://www.giraudonnewyork.com/

Jul 15, 04 6:40 pm  · 
 · 
eringobraugh

i got this new pair of shoes called "Born"(sandals & others) i got the sandals-simply incredible.
they are SOOO unbeleivably comfortable and come for both men & women
http://www.bornshoes.com/

Jul 16, 04 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
French

Will I be banned from archinect if I say to these people that their shoes are the ugliest things ever?

Jul 16, 04 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
A

Today being friday I'm just wearing a cotton polo shirt with chinos and Sketchers leather boots. All other days of the week I wear button down dress shirts and dress pants. Usually don't have a coat or tie unless I'm meeting a client. Most of my shoes are Bass since they are relatively comfortable and there is an outlet store way out in the burbs that sells them for about half what any other dress shoes would cost me.

Never been working anywhere that jeans, sneakers or t-shirts was allowed. General rule has always been to dress better than the clients dress.

Jul 16, 04 1:56 pm  · 
 · 
jmac

i'm wearing my ass-kicking shoes.

Jul 16, 04 2:32 pm  · 
 · 
kissy_face

Havaianas...the best flops ever

Jul 16, 04 7:10 pm  · 
 · 
CIIW

Emericas that i bought 2 years ago. just back from skating around the hood.

Jul 16, 04 9:46 pm  · 
 · 
Appleseed

Adio, for now. DVS are by far my favorite.

Jul 16, 04 11:53 pm  · 
 · 
mad+dash

you can't go wrong with converse chuck taylors...a classic.

Jul 17, 04 9:06 am  · 
 · 
Brim

raindow surf sandals....Florida...ah...

Jul 17, 04 3:17 pm  · 
 · 
David Zeibin

I second the Gravises (plural?). I have a pair of Argos: www.burton.com/Gravis/FW04/gear/products.asp?productID=6009

And the only thing I ever used to wear before them were these: www.simpleshoes.com/Apparel_Detail.asp?dept_id=4&sku=2050 Cushiest shoes ever. I still have three pairs in my possession, in varying levels of togetherness.

And a pair of J. Crew flip-flops for the hot days requiring shorts and/or beaches. I have a pair of New Balance kicks somewhere too, for when moving faster than a brisk walk is necessary. And crappy wingtips for dress-up occasions...

Jul 19, 04 2:02 am  · 
 · 
mm

Okay, I recently thought of a related question: what socks, if any, are you wearing right now?

me: grey dress socks with thin black vertical stripes.

Jul 19, 04 2:28 pm  · 
 · 
formanaught

right now...

tsubo shoes - brown.

mavic cycling socks - white.

Jul 19, 04 2:57 pm  · 
 · 
bRink

I'm a guy, but today I wore black "super-elastic" womens dress socks from Japan that I borrowed from my girlfriend cause mine were in the laundry...

(they are amazingly comfy and made of some incredible material that despite my feet being twice her size, they always pop back to their original form without stretching!)

Jul 19, 04 10:20 pm  · 
 · 

today blue addidas Spezials,
other days -
chocolate brown Spezials,
or sky blue Puma suedes,
or white converse.

but i work in an office where jeans or cords are the norm.
o and a dash of black skivys (turtle-necks - maybe US ppl call them).

i feel really sorry for US workers. esp that friday chino causal thing -
jesus - you are working in a creative field right?? or probably not judging but the majority of comments that archinect users make.

Jul 20, 04 10:12 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: