Archinect
anchor

Anyone know of a forum like Archinect focused more on landscape architecture?

silvernoise

I'm curious if anyone knows of any forums that have news updates focused on landscape architecture and design. Email groups or websites are both of interest. Thanks.

Mar 23, 06 12:22 pm

There are a lot of landscape architects here on Archinect. There's a Landscape Design section in the news, for example, and a Landscape Architects section in our links database. We even have Heather Ring, an active landscape architecture contributor, on our editorial team.

Mar 23, 06 12:48 pm  · 
 · 
innes
pruned

is a good one.

Mar 23, 06 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
silvernoise

All of that's true and it's an awesome resource, but surely there's something similar for landscape architects out there. The planning community has planetizen and there are tons of similar sites for graphic designers.

Mar 23, 06 1:07 pm  · 
 · 
treekiller

nuttin wrong with being an invasive species in archinect land. we could grow like kudzu and start lots of threads if we invite all our freinds here.

Architects aren't that bad, they tend to brush their teeth too and wear better shoes then LAs (hiking boots anybody?)

ok, so I'm both, but I like playing LA better then Arch at my current firm.

Mar 23, 06 6:36 pm  · 
 · 
Heather Ring

you could also sign up for the larch-l listserv, which has a very different energy from archinect. i've been on it for four years or so and haven't felt compelled to post, but sometimes it's interesting and helpful. i think if those discussions were on these boards, it would help make the issues and debates that concern the field of landscape architecture more available and present to all designers.

Mar 24, 06 2:18 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: