Archinect
anchor

LED pool lighting

mdler

has anyone speced LED pool lighting??? I need both underwater and above water fixtures. Hayward has pool and spa fixtures, but they have to be used under water. I would like to use one company for both so I can control them with the same computer system.

Thanks

Feb 23, 06 7:09 pm

we're probably going to end up with fiber optics for the underwater lighting on a current project. they want to be able to change colors easily and in a sequence.

Feb 23, 06 8:07 pm  · 
 · 
snooker

Fiber optics is the way to go....and it is as energy efficient...and no electric current pool side...

Feb 23, 06 11:03 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

yeah. i've only seen fiber optics in pools. if a diode dies, you'd have to do some pretty rediculous things to change it out. fiber optics have a separated light source that'll make maintenance a LOT easier.

and they DO have computer controlled fiber optics as well. i've seen them do a star field in a pool w/ a shooting star that fires every once in a while

Feb 24, 06 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
JohnProlly

We are using Fiberstars in a project in Costa Rica

Here are the specs.... We also added a color wheel...

Fiberstars wet location illuminator 404N/42MC-C4/1-120-004
(7) Fiberstars LBM061208208 mini-fountain fitting, finish: Stainless Steel
Fiberstars FSPT-50 fiber, 175' (7@ ±25' each)
(7) Fiberstars LBM00602041 ferrule, (1) FS163 standard butane hot knife

404N wet location illuminator, Dichroic Reflector with Philips MasterColor lamp,120V, 60Hz, Four Color Wheel, 1 RPM, 400 Fiber.

Colors and Sequence: No-Color-White, Dk Blue, Med Blue, Aqua Cyan (alternate choice: No-Color-White, Amber, Apple, Aqua Cyan)

Start up load: 4 Amps, Continuous Load 1.8 Amps. See Drawings for Illuminator Location .

8mm ferrule, maximum 50 strand capacity.

Feb 24, 06 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
jhuanger629

have you considered Solar LED accents surround the pool?

Oct 4, 07 6:38 pm  · 
 · 
THEaquino

we were gonna do fiber optic in our pool, but then we found out that it's such a bastard to install that a lot of companies have moved away from it.

It does look damn cool though

Oct 4, 07 7:09 pm  · 
 · 
MDH-ARCH

I have a pool business and deal with Hayward products all the time. Underwater wall niche lights are LED, I believe Haywards colorlogic model is LED and there unlimited colors that the LED's produce. Hayward does not have any above water lighting, so you would probably mix and match. Underwater lights almost always fail after a period of time. The chemicals take a tole of the gaskets and seals and eventually water will get into the fixture and short everything out. Fiber optics may be a better options but more labor intensive as its usually embedded in the concrete. 

Jan 9, 18 8:38 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: