Archinect
anchor

Hurricane Katrina Building Performance Research

jasonvonmeding

Hi all,

My name is Jason Von Meding and I am a post-graduate student of architecture at the Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland. I have chosen as my dissertation subject ”˜Building Performance under Hurricane Conditions' with a special case study on Hurricane Katrina. I recently spent a week travelling in affected areas, including Biloxi, Gulfport, Bay St. Louis and New Orleans. Most of this time was spent conducting building analysis and a survey of resident's views.

The reason that I am posting is that I am attempting to conduct a survey of architects and engineers as part of my research. The questionnaire includes general hurricane awareness, current building performance and methods to improve building performance in the future. The analysis of the views of design professionals will add an interesting dimension to this research and I would appreciate very much any contribution the users of this forum could make to my study. If you think this might be possible, I would request that you follow this link to the survey and also pass the link on to any architects and engineers who might be able to help:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=163151730819

My sincere thanks to all who choose to take part. If you would like to receive a complimentary copy of the completed report, please indicate this by email to jasonvonmeding@tiscali.co.uk .

Cheers,

Jason

Feb 2, 06 4:12 pm

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: