Archinect
anchor

Chronic What!? les of Narnia!!

Archinect

Dec 27, 05 3:55 pm
darkred

Did anyone else see this live on the show? I'm a die hard SNL dork, and recently it's been very difficult for me to take. However, as soon as this short came on, I said to my wife "It's back." You can download this for free on iTunes, so we did, and I've watched it probably 25 time/day since then.

Thank you, Archinect, for allowing me to watch it at work.

Dec 27, 05 4:09 pm  · 
 · 
FOG Lite

Brilliant stuff, I've watched it a bakers dozen times.

Mathew Perry!

Dec 27, 05 4:27 pm  · 
 · 
Rim Joist

I enjoyed the Aaron Burr / dropping Hamiltons reference...

Dec 27, 05 4:39 pm  · 
 · 
manamana

I think this actually rivals the suburbanites video...great stuff

Dec 28, 05 4:55 am  · 
 · 
adso
Slate

has a good little article about it and Boing Boing has covered it as well (with "Crazy Delicious" t-shirts, even).

SNL has been very very tired for a few years now, and I wish they would just can most of the cast and start over. Fey, Poehler, Sanz, Dratch, et al, used to be funny once, but now it's just old ("Debbie Downer" was never funny and never will be. Stop it now.) I wish they had left when Fallon did.

Glad the new people are getting some love, maybe Lorne Michaels will realize a lot more new blood is needed and start handing out pink slips.

Dec 28, 05 12:14 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

adso,

snl has always had that dynamic...the younger cast will become old and will be gradually replaced by the new...what i've noticed though is how well the casting is...the new cast always resembles the old cast in terms of style and a little of the looks...

chevy chase
kevin nealon
seth meyers

john belushi
chris farley
horatio sanz

adam sandler
jimmy fallon

gilda radner
molly shanon

cheri oteri
amy poehler
victoria jackson

etc

Dec 28, 05 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
adso

There was one point in the mid 80's when the show was really sucking and they canned everybod except Jon Lovitz. After that they brought in people like Phil Hartman and Dana Carvey.

They just really need to rethink some things- Jon Stewart had pretty much rendered the current format of Weekend Update obsolete, and yet Colbert has managed to do something new with the news parody idea.

I wouldn't mind more filmed skits like this one- I know it goes against the idea of "live" but they tend to be funnier than watching Sanz trying to make everyone break character.

Dec 28, 05 12:52 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

they need to bring back "Deep Thoughts By Jack Handey"

If they ever come up with a swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.

When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets, because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.

Dec 28, 05 4:56 pm  · 
 · 
yellowtrace

has anyone been to the upright citizen's brigade theater on sunday nights to watch amy poehler and some of those other snl kids do improv? it's some of the funniest stuff i've seen in a long time and it totally rejuvinated my love for the show even if the tv show has nothing to do with the improv.

Dec 29, 05 12:11 am  · 
 · 
AP

it's all about the Hamilton's, baby.

Dec 29, 05 12:23 am  · 
 · 
adso

Meme of the year.

NY Times (annoying registration required) gets in on the action.

Dec 31, 05 10:22 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: