Archinect
anchor

Help for hurricane displaced architects Go to archinect.com/emergency

mdler

Is there any way that Archinect coul dpossible set up an 'adopt an architect program' website...if your office could take in a displaced architect for the time being and provide he / she a way to make an income at the present time???

Sep 1, 05 5:46 pm
WonderK

This is a good idea too.

Sep 1, 05 6:05 pm  · 
 · 

We've recently received a similar request via email. We can set up a page where displaced architects can post a request for work. We can also provide space for firms that can adopt architcts to post their contact information. Any other thoughts?

Sep 1, 05 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
mdler

That is probably the best thing to do, Paul.

thanks

Mdler

Sep 1, 05 6:19 pm  · 
 · 
RossW

The firm I work for , Corgan Associates, is offering temporary employment to architects who have been displaced due to the hurricane.

We're located in Dallas.

Anyone in need can contact our office. The phone number is 214.748.2000

Also, the Dallas AIA has started a list of other area firms offering temporary work.

Sep 1, 05 6:25 pm  · 
 · 
WonderK

Paul, are we setting that page up? My bosses are interested in helping as well so I'd like to have something to send them.

Sep 2, 05 8:14 am  · 
 · 
L2Principal5

We are a firm in Orlando looking to help out as well. Let us know as soon as you have something up and running so we will post our contact information.

Sep 2, 05 8:28 am  · 
 · 
WonderK

Yay Archinect!

Sep 4, 05 12:46 pm  · 
 · 
liberty bell

You're right, WonderK:

Yay archinect!

Thank you guys so much for doing so much to try to help when we all feel so helpless. It gives me a glimmer of hope to think that people can benefit by the resources available here.

Sep 4, 05 2:32 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: