this

is right up there with the group hug.

Jul 26, 05 4:43 pm
norm

brilliant!!!

Jul 26, 05 5:35 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

wow. i just sent a message to myself 5 years from now. that's trippy. it'll be fun. i'm gonna blow my own mind!!

Jul 26, 05 5:55 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

I'm gonna make myself cry next year :(

Jul 26, 05 8:28 pm  · 
 · 
b3tadine[sutures]

i sent one 30 years into the void.

Jul 26, 05 8:35 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

In 30yrs, we're gonna be getting email via ESP. Voices in the Head. You're really gonna freak out! I envy you, beta.

Jul 26, 05 8:48 pm  · 
 · 
mauOne™

wow i hope to b alive in 30 years........which brings me to the idea that since you all are my digital pen pals, im wondering if i died tomorrow would i be missed ? would anyone notice my dissapeareance in the forums what would happen to my G-mail box will it fill up indefinetly?.they should invent some kind of thing that would let all me digital friends that i have died

Jul 26, 05 8:51 pm  · 
 · 
MysteryMan

If you make your funeral a 'wake', you'll be missed a lot more. Just a thought.

Jul 26, 05 9:12 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

they should have a "death" feature on Gmail.

you gotta click on some supressor button on the webpage once a week that prevents an email from being sent to all your friends saying "Hey! I'm dead!"

Jul 26, 05 9:26 pm  · 
 · 
dia

ACFA, what about: "Goodbye All You Fancy Graphics Lovers!"

Jul 26, 05 9:41 pm  · 
 · 
A Center for Ants?

i would cry if i got that email from one of you guys

Jul 26, 05 9:44 pm  · 
 · 
stephanie

dude, 30 years is too far off.
i will be throughly suprised with myself if i still use my gmail in 5!

i just like reading what other people wrote.

Jul 27, 05 3:32 pm  · 
 · 
drs

Yeah, there are some funny messages on there! People seem to struggle with the language a little - English wasn't really designed for talking to your future self, I guess.

Death on the Internet is a funny thing. There are all sorts of graveyards out there, for cars, digital pets, and people too. I did wonder about automating something which would keep updating with content for a few years after I disappeared.

Jul 27, 05 5:24 pm  · 
 · 
phuyaké

bump

did anyone who did this in '05 get one already? did this work? I sent one but to an account i dont have anymore...

May 29, 08 4:07 pm  · 
 · 
strlt_typ

i sent one in '05 but i forgot what email i used or how many years into the future...

May 29, 08 4:10 pm  · 
 · 

I bet these all get eaten by spam filters.

May 29, 08 4:43 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHlTORTURE

weird but kind of the opposite...

a friend of mine had a friend who committed suicide...about 2 years later she recieved some emails from the friend that had been sent before he committed suicide... it was really weird...he's abandoned account just kind of resent stuff automatically,,,

May 30, 08 11:04 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: