Archinect
anchor

Epic 2014/Googlezon

JG

This is an interesting short on the future of media and the web. Check it out and discuss, it's about 5 minutes long.

http://www.robinsloan.com/epic/

Feb 1, 05 9:00 am

"In the future, everything will be an advertisement."

Feb 1, 05 11:12 am  · 
 · 
3ifs

that reminds me of minority report, where advertisements are just everywhere... whats interesting is how a hollywood movie and that short linked above both paint a picture of total media and adverising imersion, in both built environment and the viruality of the internet.

both have a 'big brother' aspect to them too, the retinal scans of minority report and the huge database of the google grid that tracks all of your interests, and basically your life.

its a little unnerving...

Feb 1, 05 11:25 am  · 
 · 

Product placement is a very interesting phenomenon. I especially like it when most people don't even recognize it, like how "the news" is more and more just product placement. Oprah's completely product placement. And don't even get me started about Disney!

Funny, when an individual 'places' their own work for others to 'consume', that's looked at with distaste. Is it that deep down most people really want giant corporations to control it all?

Feb 1, 05 11:49 am  · 
 · 
e909

dissident sponge cells! be silent!

"In the future, everything will be an advertisement."

"second verse, same as the first."

Feb 2, 05 6:35 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: