anchor

Susan Sontag

abracadabra

She was good.

Dec 29, 04 2:24 pm
Sontag died on Dienstag
Dec 29, 04 3:00 pm  · 
 · 

Here is a brief moment of her enlightened thought at the last 15 minutes of this show.

Dec 29, 04 3:26 pm  · 
 · 

Susan Sontag's "Notes on Camp" for your reading pleasure

Dec 29, 04 3:31 pm  · 
 · 
Logan Circle/Hadrian's Tomb
Dec 29, 04 3:55 pm  · 
 · 
Marc Pittsley

Stephen, your affinity for shameless self-promotion at the expense of the deceased (recent or otherwise) is disturbing.

Dec 29, 04 4:25 pm  · 
 · 

disturbing what?

Dec 29, 04 4:32 pm  · 
 · 

...and please enumerate the expense.

Dec 29, 04 4:34 pm  · 
 · 

My favorite story about Susan Sontag was told by herself (I think in 1980s NEW YORKER article) where she recalls 'camping' outside Thomas Mann's house in Pacific Palisades in hope of meeting the author. She was ultimately invited in. Thomas Mann is my favorite author as well.

today 4 years ago

Dec 29, 04 5:10 pm  · 
 · 
herbst

exactly four years ago today, steve engaged in intellectual onanism...what a rare occasion! let's all celebrate the anniversary!

Dec 29, 04 5:31 pm  · 
 · 

It wouldn't surprise me if Sontag wrote about penis envy as well.

Dec 29, 04 5:36 pm  · 
 · 
aml

thanks john for the link on 'notes on camp'... had always meant to read it but hadn't had the chance.

does anybody know of any links between clement greenberg and susan sontag? the avant garde and kitsch essay comes to mind.

Dec 29, 04 5:47 pm  · 
 · 

Sontag - Against Interpretation Greenberg - the avant garde and kitsch

Dec 29, 04 5:55 pm  · 
 · 

Yes, thanks John for the link to "Notes on Camp"... just reread it. Spooky.

Haven't read DEATH KIT yet, however (except for just reading the initial paragraphs of the selected excerpt in A SUSAN SONTAG READER a few minutes ago--I think I was reading about an act of necrophilia!)

Susan Sontag was born 16 January 1933.

LEAVING OBSCURITY BEHIND is scheduled to end 17 January 2006, coinciding with the death of Theodosius (395) and the birth of Benjamin Franklin (1703), but it appears that 16 January 2006 will be the convention's real last day.

Dec 29, 04 6:54 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: