Archinect
anchor

his Remness

lifeform

Hoe gaat zoiets in zijn werk? In restaurant De Kas te Amsterdam kwamen drie mannen en twee vrouwen bijeen om uit een shortlist van zes mannen de 'man van het jaar' te kiezen. In hoeverre jurylid en MAN-columnist AARON BETSKY zijn invloed heeft doen gelden bij het opstellen van de shortlist en bij de uiteindelijke keuze van 'his Remness' (zoals hij onze coryfee volgens de doorgaans uiterst betrouwbare journalisten van MAN karakteriseert) blijft in het midden. Hoe het ook zij, REM heeft 'echte mannen' als DJ Tiësto en ex-soapie Reinout Oerlemans achter zich gelaten.
Discussie schijnt er nauwelijks te zijn geweest, slechts de vraag of de 'man' wel in Nederland zal zijn bij de uitreiking lijkt de jury bezig te hebben gehouden. En nee, hij was er niet zo bleek gisteren.

REM OF THE YEAR 2004 GOES TO: REM KOOLHAAS

Dec 21, 04 5:17 pm

Really?

Dec 21, 04 5:18 pm  · 
 · 
betamax

he looks more gaunt than usual...has he been eating well?

here remmy, have a sammich...

Dec 21, 04 5:38 pm  · 
 · 
betamax

it's very spatial for my spatial remmy.

Dec 21, 04 5:39 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White
Dec 21, 04 5:56 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

'man van het jaar'
Call Time magazine

Dec 21, 04 6:06 pm  · 
 · 
gringodms50

is it me....... or is that german?? i mean english is an international language.. so how should i understand anything??? please at lest translate or smthg.. thx
by the way rem is starting to look like an alien ,........ freakyyyyyyy

Dec 21, 04 6:12 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra

since you asked gringo, here is the babel fish trans.

How does something like that go in its work? In restaurant the fund in Amsterdam met three men and two women for from shortlist of six men the 'man of jaar' to choose. To what extent jury member and Man-columnist AARON BETSKY its have influence money does at the drawing up of the shortlist and at the eventual choice of 'his Remness' (as he characterises our coryfee according to the generally extremely reliable journalists of MAN) remains in the middle. In any event, BRAKE has 'echte mannen' as a DJ Tiësto and ex-soapie Reinout Oerlemans behind itself gelaten. Discussion seems has hardly been there, only the question or 'man' however, in the Netherlands at the distribution the jury will seem have busy to have been kept. And no, he was not there this way proved to be yesterday.

Dec 21, 04 6:26 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

Cool write abra!

Dec 21, 04 6:29 pm  · 
 · 
herbst

"Man-columnist AARON BETSKY"

Love the Babelfish!

Dec 21, 04 7:23 pm  · 
 · 
Zoë Coombes

And from freetranslation.com:

Does how go zoiets in its work? In restaurant De Box to Amsterdam, three men and two women came together the man of the year from a shortlist of six men' to choose. In hoeverre jurylid and MAN-columnist AARON BETSKY its influence has do count by the setting up of the shortlist and by the final choice of 'his Remness' (as he our coryfee according to the generally utmost trustworthy journalists of MAN characterizes) remains in the middle. How it also she, BRAKE 'real men has' as a DJ Tiësto and ex-soapie Reinout Oerlemans behind self let. Discussion appears been there scarcely, to be, will be appears held only the question or the 'man' well in the Netherlands by the distribution the jury busy to have. And no, he was not there so pale yesterday.

Really, I'm one of those people who is still stuck in the internet bubble. The whole concept and functionality of the internet still blows my mind. Who figured out the crazy algorithm to come up with the above crazy passage??? Seriously, never let anyone tell you that humanity isn't a smart group of motherfers.

Dec 21, 04 8:36 pm  · 
 · 
lola

Remology

Dec 21, 04 8:44 pm  · 
 · 
abracadabra
Dec 21, 04 9:05 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

Wow, stark kool!

Dec 21, 04 10:37 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

it's dutch, not german. rem=pimp. he puts people in there place @ lectures. usually annoying profs jealous cos of his game. doesn't he have like 2 mistresses?

Dec 22, 04 1:33 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

Like all kings, his reign will come to an end. That lecture style is his end time.

Dec 22, 04 1:48 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

how so? professors don't determine the job market, the economy does. and he probably understand the global economy better than any other architect. those profs. are just jealous they can't do the whole glam thing like rem. his lecture style is what makes him so poular. he's highly political, and therefore highly controversial, which draws people to him, the players, and also the player haters...

Dec 22, 04 3:49 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

popular

Dec 22, 04 3:54 pm  · 
 · 
melivt

that too.

Dec 22, 04 4:17 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

Giligan's Island was popular in it's day.

Dec 22, 04 4:34 pm  · 
 · 
TED

knowing that if i look hard i will find is somewhere on the archinect threads, but im lazy today and cant be bothered so....

is there an agreed upon path of discourse that his remness is generally associated with? i do remeber seeing him tagged as 'post-urbanism' by the new urbanism lot but i have little regard for any level or stream of consciousness from these neo-facist. post-structuralist by others. post-critical because of de-materializm?

has remness evolved through various patterns? who else would you align with his remness outside the young dutch guys.....

sorry for my ignorance... certainly he is more than a pretty face.

Dec 22, 04 5:01 pm  · 
 · 
Wig Nut and Wig Not
Dec 22, 04 5:04 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

corbusier + guy debord + hilberseimer + andy warhol

Dec 22, 04 5:09 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

Dec 22, 04 5:12 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

======EQUALS========

Dec 22, 04 5:14 pm  · 
 · 
.nl

Toch leuk dat er ook Nederlandse stukjes op archinect gepost worden...

Dec 22, 04 5:27 pm  · 
 · 

imagine that, Rem a reenactor.

note how Le Corbusier and Debord are participants of LEAVING OBSCURITY BEHIND, the 2005 Horace Trumbauer Fan Club Convention.

I doubt Koolhaas makes anywhere near the money that Warhol made. But, who knows.

Dec 22, 04 5:33 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

Ted would you really say dematerialism. It seems to come out hard material like the old Super Graphics and Brutalism of the Seventies, my bad eye or what?

Dec 22, 04 5:52 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

Rem Koolhaas kijkt deze draad gretig. Hij zegt dat hij van zou houden om zowel Martha Stewart toe te voegen als Michel Foucault.

Dec 22, 04 6:03 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

So let's take 2 cups of Brutalism, Super Graphics (for a pinch of dematerialization), and 3 tablespoons of irrationalism and you have "it" straight from the Koolhousekitchen. Don't forget to box it for international sales.

Dec 22, 04 6:14 pm  · 
 · 
Ludwig
Dec 22, 04 6:17 pm  · 
 · 

plus

Dec 22, 04 6:27 pm  · 
 · 

Koolhaaskitchen?!?!?
http://www.quondam.com/01/0004.htm

Dec 22, 04 6:33 pm  · 
 · 
gustav

That's funny!

Dec 22, 04 6:43 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

(rita - where did you get that eisenman quote? I have heard that one before...)

Dec 22, 04 6:53 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

john - that bottom picture is so village people ... with hand on hip.

Dec 22, 04 7:05 pm  · 
 · 

You know, I was asking myself the same question. I just googled "found out Le Corbusier died" and all I got was the page at quondam. I'll have to dig some more, but apparently Eisenman said it 4 February 2004. What else was Eisenman doing 2 February 2004?

Dec 22, 04 7:08 pm  · 
 · 

thats koolhaas gigantic thinker plus Flair. (both definitions are applicable here)

now for the question of the week - How did Le Corbusier die?

Dec 22, 04 7:18 pm  · 
 · 

that's easy, drowned in the Mediterraean 27 August 1965.

an architect died exactly 13 years after Le Corbusier, who was it?

Dec 22, 04 7:29 pm  · 
 · 
e

louis kahn. no, that's not it. he died earlier in the 70s.

Dec 22, 04 7:34 pm  · 
 · 
e

aalto? when did he die?

Dec 22, 04 7:36 pm  · 
 · 

Charles Eames right?

Dec 22, 04 7:40 pm  · 
 · 
e

eames died august 21st, 1978.

Dec 22, 04 7:46 pm  · 
 · 
e

but ray eames died 10 years to the day after charles.

Dec 22, 04 7:47 pm  · 
 · 

Charles Eames died 21 August 1978
Ray Eames died 21 August 1988
[my grandmther, Franziska Brenner, died 21 August 1988
my godson, Michael Weigand, was born 21 August 1988]
Steven Izenour died 21 August 2001

an architect died exactly 13 years after Le Corbusier died, who is it?

Dec 22, 04 7:50 pm  · 
 · 

'an architect' is a sort of clue

Dec 22, 04 7:52 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

Edward Durrell Stone? no ... wait.

Dec 22, 04 7:54 pm  · 
 · 
TED

Gordon Matta-Clark

Dec 22, 04 7:55 pm  · 
 · 
Mason White

GORDON MATTA-CLARK!

Dec 22, 04 7:56 pm  · 
 · 
TED

you missed the buzzer! stay in your seat.

Dec 22, 04 7:57 pm  · 
 · 
e

damn you ted. nice job.

Dec 22, 04 7:58 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: