Archinect
anchor

Herzog and De Meuron Funf Hofe Shutters

Monolith

I wondered whether anyone might have an idea of the manufacturer of these (or very similar) perforated shutters as used by Herzog and De Meuron at the Funf Hofe in Munich? I've looked long and hard and found nothing unfortunately.

Many thanks.

Link:

http://www.kaunat.com/image.php?media_id=43684

Mar 30, 11 10:06 am
cmrhm

Can you call them ask for the manufacturer? They should be very glad to help.

I guess I need to remind everyone including myself: they aren't rich. They will take any money flowing into their pocket. Imaging you are an wall street investor...

Mar 30, 11 10:21 am  · 
 · 
Le Courvoisier

I think they were field fabricated. There is probably a similar perforated sheet stock available, but the profile of the shutters isn't a typical one, so I think they were then pressed, shipped to the site, had the parts to attach them applied, and then put on. I don't think it was an off the shelf system as they seem to come up with their own (for instance the Herrnstrasse Work/Housing building also in Munich that no longer has the shading system functioning).

Mar 30, 11 1:10 pm  · 
 · 
qabus
Apr 1, 11 11:14 am  · 
 · 
dazarooney

You could try here:

perforated sheet

Apr 4, 11 5:53 am  · 
 · 
pigeon

check out zahner - not sure if it is who they used for that project. i think they did the facade screens at the de young

Apr 4, 11 9:32 am  · 
 · 
pigeon
http://www.azahner.com/
Apr 4, 11 9:37 am  · 
 · 
miesian

There is also a Swiss company called Hawa who manufactures similar shutter systems

Apr 4, 11 12:29 pm  · 
 · 
SDR

Surely there is a third option for the pictured example, namely custom fabricated off-site ? Any fabricator would give a better price for doing the work in his own facility as opposed to the tailgate of a truck -- no ?

Apr 4, 11 9:50 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

Funf Hofe has been refinished at least three times I believe.

So, I'd imagine they're nothing special in terms of construction.

Apr 4, 11 10:29 pm  · 
 · 
saroshanklesaria

ive seen em up close and they dont work too well - so they are 'frozen'.. ie they dont move

Apr 5, 11 4:48 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: