Archinect
anchor

YOU'RE IN! Open House/School Visit Thread

gregarious

The idea is to start a thread about upcoming open houses and see which ones fellow archinecters are attending.

I got accepted into UPenn and Berkeley but they are both holding theirs on the same day! SO I have to pick between the two (will probably fly to philly and connect to frisco afterwards??)

I will for sure be attending the UCLA one the 27-28th.

Mar 11, 11 2:50 pm
Franklsw

UPenn MArch 1?

Mar 11, 11 3:52 pm  · 
 · 
simpliformed

upenn probably...

ucla definitely

speaking of ucla's open house - i'm flying in saturday and flying out monday night after the lecture. i'm looking to save some money on those two nights stayed in la.

would anyone be interested in splitting a room those two nights? a good way to save money and spend some quality time with possible future classmates.

i'm 21 - male - and not a weirdo

Mar 15, 11 5:48 am  · 
 · 
gregarious

@Franklsw I got admitted to the dual M.Arch/MLA at Penn, I think it's a 3 year program.

@simpliformed, driving in sunday and leaving monday night. Don't know if I can split room but message me if you want to meet at OH.

Mar 15, 11 2:01 pm  · 
 · 
aaa-arch

NYC schools:
anyone know of pratt or gsapp's m.arch open house?
parsons' is april 4th but i don't know if i can make it because the AIAS south quad conference is april 1-3 in baton rouge, la and i will most likely have to fly directly from that conference to make it.

how important is attending the open house anyway?

Mar 17, 11 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
jamesherm

pratt's is april 7.

Mar 17, 11 3:03 pm  · 
 · 
ARCHCareersGuide.com

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Friday, April 1, 2011

Mar 17, 11 11:32 pm  · 
 · 
simpliformed

@ gregarious,

did i read that right - you're driving in from Ohio? that's a long drive. i'm just flying...

but let me know if you decide you want to split a room

Mar 18, 11 11:37 pm  · 
 · 
tr13

Columbia's is April 6th

Mar 19, 11 2:58 pm  · 
 · 
gregarious

@ simpliformed sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I found an inexpensive hotel in downtown la, I'm sure you've found something by now...

I meant OH as in Open House, I'll see you tomorrow!

Mar 26, 11 9:56 pm  · 
 · 
greyhound

Anybody going to the University of MN open house tonight and tomorrow?

Mar 31, 11 11:21 am  · 
 · 
greyhound

Anybody going to the University of MN open house tonight and tomorrow?

Mar 31, 11 11:21 am  · 
 · 
Vizious

Did anybody attend Columbia's M.Arch 1 Open House on Wednesday (April 6)? If so would you mind sharing thoughts, impressions?

Apr 7, 11 3:37 pm  · 
 · 
if_arch

progressive. diverse. tons of electives (not that you'll get to do many as an m.arch1). intellectually rigorous. completely up to you what your experience will be--you'll only get help if you seek it out. students are excited about the program. plenty of opportunities for travel and work, again if you seek them out. new york. the world. studio x. loads of studio choices. entrepreneurial. if it's your best financial option, which is to say that you probably have shitty financial options since columbia is miserly in this regard, then go for it if the above titillates you. make the best of it. and don't look back. and remember, regardless of where you go, you make your own future.

Apr 8, 11 12:55 am  · 
 · 
ciennac

RE: if_arch
...Dean Wigley???

Apr 8, 11 3:53 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: