Archinect
anchor

Young URBAN designers working in China (but from the US)

jakethesnake

I'm putting together a symposium dealing with urban design across the the globe. Anyone know of any young urban designers developing interesting projects in Asia, preferably China?
They should be doing work from public spaces to housing.

Jan 5, 11 2:08 pm
Rusty!

If I was serious about URBAN design, the last thing I would do is hire a US architect.

Jan 5, 11 3:21 pm  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

Hey now, maybe some affluent Chinese suburbs need advice on how to configure the most useless mess disjoint asphalt sea amongst shabby K-Marts, Sizzlers, Baptist ministry centers and Amscots!

Jan 5, 11 3:24 pm  · 
 · 
jbushkey

Hahaha Rusty. Perhaps it is the reverse and if your an urban designer you are desperate to work outside the US.

Jan 5, 11 5:25 pm  · 
 · 

not american, but i recently met an australian named James Brearley who is based in china and working to do interesting things there. pretty large office, actually building things and interesting to talk to.

he says the competition is fierce when it comes to getting work, which leads me to believe there are more like him (sorry, rusty).

Jan 5, 11 7:25 pm  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: