Archinect
anchor

Acura gingerbread commercial

kickoutthejams

Just an architecture related holiday car commercial that I thought was humorous:

http://www.advertolog.com/honda/adverts/excess-gingerbread-house-14096705/

Feel free to share your thoughts!

Dec 26, 10 8:28 pm
drums please, Fab?

we gotta kick out da jams !!

it's a 60's post-modern gingerbread house. although i hesitate to call it a ... 'house'. it's more of a .. palazzo. it's designed by renowned architect maurodmajoohaas ..

i'd call it a villa, not a palazzo. and i guess pomo had its origins in the 60's and maybe this could be some sort of mike graves transitional period thing but come on can't acura hire better starving architects to design/build a gingerybread house?!? i mean come ON !!

Dec 27, 10 12:59 am  · 
 · 
binary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX-AHk4VlN0
Dec 27, 10 1:49 am  · 
 · 

i've seen a few people pick on the accuracy of this guy's description of the house. argh.

people, it's supposed to be ridiculously pretentious and bad!

problem is non-architects might take it just as seriously as some architect-types (apparently) are, and it makes architecture look kinda ridiculous if you take it seriously...

Dec 27, 10 7:38 am  · 
 · 
tagalong

I don't get the comparison, wouldn't all Acuras fall into the category of over indulging, as they are just glitzy Hondas?

Dec 28, 10 11:03 am  · 
 · 
Apurimac

tagalong, i've been saying that since they premiered the commericail.

Dec 31, 10 11:02 am  · 
 · 
St. George's Fields

A Porsche Boxster is just a fine-tuned Volkswagen Golf. It's the technical details that matter, obviously.

An Acura is technically less expensive than an entry-model Porsche and can outpace a Boxster.

The obvious difference between the two is three extra seats and trunk space. Also, I've noticed a lack of cupholders in Porsches.

Jan 1, 11 4:32 am  · 
 · 

Block this user

Are you sure you want to block this user and hide all related comments throughout the site?

Archinect

This is your first comment on Archinect. Your comment will be visible once approved.

• ×Search in: